Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Midget Nation-in-Exile |
|Capital city||New Midget Base (nominal claim)|
|- Midget Master||
Caroline III (2009-10)|
Thomas IV (2010)
Declan V (2010-11)
9 September 2002|
Midget Empire founded
30 December 2009
9 April 2011
Annexed by Austenasia
The Midget Nation-in-Exile was the name given to the government-in-exile and military remnants of the Midget Empire, until it united with the Empire of Austenasia as the army unit Centuria II Midgetae in April 2011.
- 1 History
- 2 Government
- 3 Foreign relations
The Midget Empire was a non-sovereign stratocratic micronation based in a London primary school from September 2002 to July 2006. In July 2006, Midget Master Jonathan (II) left the school, meaning that the title of Midget Master (military dictator of the Midgets) passed to his younger sister, Caroline. Although she was at the school for three more years after her brother left, Midget Master Caroline III did not run the Empire. The command system was extremely centralised on the Midget Master - with her unwilling to rule and most of the other leaders having left at the same time as Midget Master Jonathan II, the Midget Empire quickly fell apart after Midget Master Caroline III returned to rule after the school's summer holidays in September 2006.
At 19:03 GMT on 30 December 2009, five months after leaving the school herself, Midget Master Caroline III made her first ever three Decrees as Midget Master. While the first formally established the title of Midget Master as a hereditary absolute monarch, the second withdrew all territorial claims of the Midget Empire and formally disbanded all garrisons and their Commanders (which were still nominally under instruction to rule over different parts of the Playground). The Third Decree renamed the Midget Empire the Midget Nation-in-Exile, reaffirmed the Midget Master's absolute power, and issued formal apologies to all the victims of the Midget Empire's aggressive expansionist policy.
At 18:00 on 4 February 2010, Midget Master Caroline III abdicated in favour of a former Commander in the Midget Empire, Thomas. He became the new ruler of the Nation-in-Exile, Midget Fuhrer Thomas IV ("Fuhrer" being used in the context of "dictatorial leader", not as a specifically Nazi or fascist title).
The Midget Nation-in-Exile entered the Austenasian Civil War on 7 March 2010, supporting the legitimate Austenasian government. This was the first time that the Midget Army had been at war since the War of the Upper Playground in 2006, although it took part in none of the battles of the war.
After victory in the Austenasian Civil War, later that year the Nation-in-Exile went to war again, this time against the Austenasian government, in the orchestrated War of the Orlian Reunification. During the war, the Midget Army named Declan I of Wilcsland as the Fifth Midget Master, deposing Thomas as Midget Master but allowing him to continue to use the title and powers of Midget Fuhrer as the Midget Master's viceroy. The Midget Army played a decisive role in this war, being the force to which Crown Prince Jonathan surrendered the Austenasian capital to in the Fall of Wrythe.
Union with Austenasia
On 9 April 2011, Declan I, II & V, Fifth Midget Master and Emperor of Austenasia, gave Imperial Consent to an Austenasian Act of Parliament which dissolved the independent government of the Midget Nation-in-Exile, transitioned the Midget Army into a military unit of the Austenasian Army, and united the title and office of Midget Master with the Throne of Austenasia. Since then, the Midget Nation has not existed an independent nation, but rather as a part of the Austenasian Army.
The Midget Nation-in-Exile was an absolute monarchy, ruled by the Midget Master. After Declan V was elected Midget Master, the Midget Army itself was led by the Midget Fuhrer, an office similar to viceroy or field marshal. The Midget Masters' regnal numbering denotes the order the Midget Masters ruled in, not how many of that name have been Midget Master. Declan V is the fifth Midget Master and so has the ordinal of V, even though there have been no previous Midget Masters of that name.
The Midget Master usually ruled by decrees. (All of the decrees of Midget Master Daniel I and of Midget Master Jonathan II have been lost as they were never written down).
Decrees of Midget Master Caroline III
- I: The Midget Master (30 Dec 2009)
- II: Dissolution of the Midget Empire (30 Dec 2009)
- III: Founding of the Midget Nation-in-Exile (30 Dec 2009)
- IV: Friendship with the Empire of Austenasia (7 Jan 2010)
- V: Garrisons, Generals, Governors and Commanders (25 Jan 2010)
- VI: Abdication of Midget Master Caroline III (4 Feb 2010)
Decrees of Midget Fuhrer Thomas IV
- I: The Midget Army (6 Feb 2010)
- II: Declaration of War against Lord General William (7 Mar 2010)
Decrees of Midget Master Declan V
The Midget Nation-in-Exile attempted to build up its diplomatic relations after nearly three and a half years of dormancy and isolation, and succeeded in establishing many friendly relations and alliances. These were all declared null and void when the Midget Nation united with Austenasia on 9 April 2011 (however, due to the dissolution of an Eternal Alliance needing the consent of both parties, the Empire of Austenasia is now technically allied with the Footballers of Rushy Meadow).
An eternal alliance was an agreement between the Midgets and another nation to help each other in all military and political situations possible, and will literally last forever between both nation's successor states unless both agree to end it. The Midget Nation-in-Exile had eternal alliances with:
- The Footballers of Rushy Meadow Primary School (since June 2006)
An alliance was an agreement between the Midget Nation-in-Exile and another nation to help each other when they go to war and to aid each other when possible in international affairs. At the time of the union with Austenasia, the Midget Nation-in-Exile had alliances with:
- Kleinland (since 16:54 on 8 January 2010)
- The Most Gracious Kingdom of Lutherania (since 19:07 on 10 January 2010)
- Keep Watch (since 15:16 on 20 January 2010)
- The Triune Alliance (since 14:14 on 21 March 2010)
- The Colony of Iego (since 09:51 on 11 April 2010)
- The Royal reformed States of America (22:31 on 12 April 2010 - 5 June 2010)
- The People's reformed States Republic (5 June 2010 - 8 November 2010)
- The Imperial League of Micronations (since 06:31 on 30 May 2010)
- The Progressive Environmentalist Democracy of BlueSkies (10:58 on 17 June 2010 - 23 July 2010)
- The Federal Republic of BlueSkies (since 23 July 2010)
- The Kingdom of Istoria (since 17:30 on 24 June 2010)
- The Kingdom of Copan and the Kingdom of the Grove (11:47 on 7 August 2010 - 8 December 2010)
- The Tsardom of Orly (since 8 December 2010)
If the Midget Nation-in-Exile has a friendship with another nation, then they will defend it if they get attacked, and will help it when possible in international affairs. At the time of the union with Austenasia, the Midget Nation-in-Exile had friendships with:
- The Crown Principality of Landashir (11:31 on 7 January 2010 - 1 March 2010)
- The Federal Republic of Los Bay Petros (since 7 January 2010)
- The Commandate of Samana Cay (00:28 on 8 January 2010 - 22 March 2010)
- The Caribbean Republic of Samana Cay (since 22 March 2010)
- The Kingdom of Wyvern (since 20:57 on 21 January 2010)
- The Grand Duchy of Olland (09:07 on 23 January 2010 - 17 March 2010, reaffirmed on 7 February 2010)
- The United Principalities of Olland and Bizaraelia (17 March 2010 - 31 March 2010)
- Anarctica's Elain of Atilnia (since 11:00 on 31 January 2010)
- The Republic of Patetopia (sice 05:21 on 12 February 2010)
- The Sovereign Military Order of Salazar (16:10 on 10 April 2010 - 20 April 2010)
- The Zonian Confederacy (since 10:27 on 30 May 2010)
- The Kingdom of Moylurg (11:47 on 7 August 2010 - 10 November 2010)
- The Kingdom of Wilcsland (since 10 November 2010)
If the Midget Nation-in-Exile was an enemy towards another nation, then they would attempt to act against the enemy's national interest whenever possible in international affairs, and would display open hostility towards the nation and its members in all international and domestic affairs. At the time of the union with Austenasia, the Midget Nation-in-Exile was enemies with:
- The Socialist Union of Nemkhavia and Pristinia (18:27 on 7 March 2010 - 13 March 2010, for entering the Austenasian Civil War against the Emperor.)
- The Decracy of Yunivers (since 07:47 on 10 April 2010, for threatening to enter the Austenasian Civil War against the Midget Nation)
- The Kingdom of Angador (since 07:47 on 10 April 2010, for opposing the Emperor in the Austenasian Civil War)
- NottaLotta Acres (since 07:47 on 10 April 2010, for opposing the Emperor in the Austenasian Civil War)
- The Autonomous Union of States and Duchies of the Kingdom of Sterling (07:47 on 10 April 2010 - 18 July 2010, for opposing the Emperor in the Austenasian Civil War)
- The Republic of Secundomia (since 18 July 2010)
- The Kingdom of Starland (10:24 on 11 August 2010 - 10 September 2010, for hostility in the intermicronational community)
- The Republic of Starland (since 10 September 2010)
State of War
The Midget Nation-in-Exile was only in a state of war twice throughout its history:
- Austenasian Civil War (7 March 2010 - 24 May 2010)
- War of the Orlian Reunification (9 December 2010 - 19 December 2010)