Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Politics of Esse
The Essian Commonwealth has a diverse political history and climate, with a wide range of political ideologies having been created and represented over time in the Commonwealth. As a constitutional monarchy, there is a large amount of power invested inthe monarchy, and most all the rest of the power is delegated to the Parlamenzalochas.
Pillars of Government
|BE IT DECLARED and enacted by this present Parliament and by the Authority of the same that the People of Esse and of all the Commonwealth hereby establish said Commonwealth of Esse. Belonging are and shall be and are hereby constituted, made, established, and confirmed to be a Commonwealth.||IT IS HEREBY DECREED by We, the Lord of the Commonwealth, that the Commonwealth of Esse be reformed from its previous status of inactivity which has been assumed. THAT the reformed Commonwealth be recognized as the legal successor to the following states, all of which have since become defunct.||WE, THE PEOPLE of the Essian Commonwealth, solemnly resolve to constitute our nation into a single state - the Essian Commonwealth - and to secure for all of our citizens the rights and privileges most essential for the sustainability of our Commonwealth.||RESOLVED in our wishes to define, clearly and wishfully, the constitutive powers and duties granted to our inferior officers, such as those in the Parlamenzalochas, our Wardens, our Viceroy, and our Chief and First Justices.|
WeishauptismEdwyn Weishaupt. The ideology was originally the political stance of Weishaupt's True Republican Party, though it later abandoned said ideology in favor of a broader libertarian Marxist stance.
Fiscally, the ideology stood for fiscal conservatism, and held a belief in mixed market capitalism similar to the economic system adopted by the Essian Commonwealth's predecessor, the Federated States of America.
Listed beliefs of the party included:
- Republicanism - Free and equal elections are essential for the security of a free state.
- Conservatism - Preserving the ideals of the free market is an important duty of the populace.
- Nationalism - The nation thrives on the belief that said nation is exceptional.
- Radical Centrism - That neither the far left nor far right builds the ideal society.
While for a long time it was considered equivalent to Weishauptism, Essian nationalism has steadily evolved into its own, separate ideology. It is appropriately named, as it stresses the superiority of Essian culture above lesser developed cultures across micronations, while firmly believing in the importance of investing in the development of said culture further.
Theoretically developed during the Essian colonial period - the period from June 2016 to January 2017 when the Clementine sector was subject to colonial occupation from Mercia - the region's culture was stressed above its focuses at the time, politics and economics, a change of direction largely to be attributed to the State of Koss and Valites.
Essian nationalism is considered to be the only strictly right-wing ideology developed in the Essian Commonwealth, and has given birth to the only strictly right-wing parties in the history of the Commonwealth.
The following is a list of pillars of the Essian nationalist ideology:
- Nationalism - Pride for the Essian nation, people, and culture.
- Monarchism - Staunch support for the Essian Monarchy.
- Revolutionary - Support for the independence of the Essian Domain.
Nutopianism, known until July 2017 primarily as Lennonism, is a political ideology that began being developed in 2016. Named after John Lennon, the ideology was dominant in many 2016 Clementine Sector states, including Hiddleston and Alonia. It was in a Hiddleston and Alonian news article where the term "Lennonism" was first coined, and since then said name had been used.
The Nutopian principle significantly changed the broader core of the ideology. Named after Lennon's "micronation" Nutopia, the worldview holds that anyone aware and consenting to the existence of the state can thereafter be considered a citizen of the state. It is a moderately less radical version of the ideology of the original Nutopia, which stated that "anyone aware of Nutopia is a citizen."
By this token, the Nutopian principle holds that every citizen of the state is thereafter an ambassador of the state, and represents it as one of its consented citizens.
The Nutopian principle is, to a degree, used by the Sovereign Military Order of Esse, which says that anyone who personally recognizes the Order is considered to be a free and equal denizen of said order. However, there are no taxes, no duties, or anything of the sort for denizens to be expected to uphold, only to affirm themselves as a denizen of the Order.
|Political parties represented in the Parliament|
| Green Party
Graeca Partite a Essia
| The Democrats
|Essian nationalism||Centre-right||Alexander Gibbs|
Esse has seen several parties in its history that later folded.
- True Republican Party – Essian nationalist, libertarian marxist. Founded by Edwyn Weishaupt. Main and only party in the Commonwealth during its existence. Operated off and on from 2015 to its brief restoration in 2017.
- Lennonist Partite a Essia – Essian nationalism. First party established following the Declaration of Restoration. Acted as a successor to the TRP until it was replaced by The Democrats in June 2017, shortly before the June 2017 general election.
- Federalie Partite a Essia – Federalism, right wing. Second party established following the Declaration of Restoration. Formed as a result of the Beiwing court decision and existed until it was replaced by the Greens in June 2017, shortly before the June 2017 general election.
- A Couna – Monarchism, third-way. Briefly existed in 2017 until it merged with the Lennonists to form the Democrats.
True Republican Partyfar left political party in the Essian Commonwealth. Formed shortly after the Lord Protector's election to his position, the True Republican Party was meant to combine centrism with traditional conservativism before it's ideology was more or less completely changed to abide by the standards of libertarian Marxism.
For a short time identifying purely as Weishauptist, the party followed the ideology of its founder and only active adherent. Nevertheless, the party remained the ruling party in the Commonwealth until it was replaced by successor states and its colonial Dominion.
The party was, for a short time, revived from inactivity upon the Declaration of Restoration in January 2017, however was eventually replaced by the Lennonist Partite a Essia and dissolve formally shortly after.