of the Essian Commonwealth
|3 January 2018|
|Palazzo del Clement|
The Parlamenzalochas of the Essian Commonwealth, sometimes referred to informally as the Royal Council or even Parliament of the Commonwealth, was the official advisory body to the Essian Monarchy in the Essian Commonwealth. The Parlamenzalochas was given few political powers and duties, however was still considered the micronation's legislature, at least to some degree. The Parlamenzalochas was entirely appointed by the Monarch, and its powers and duties were defined by decree established by different monarchs.
In the Parlamenzalochas, each County was assigned a Warden to administer and represent the County in the Parlamenzalochas of the Essian Commonwealth. None of these offices required election, however Monarchs reserved the right to delegate the power of the appointment in the form of an election. Under this rule, all Parliassames served at the pleasure of the Monarch, and could as such be removed by the Monarch at any time.
Powers and duties
The Parlamenzalochas was considered the second most powerful body in the Essian Commonwealth, behind only the Essian Monarchy. Its authority was generally accepted through precedent of the Constitution, and all other powers and duties were individually allotted by royal decree from the Monarch of the Essian Commonwealth. The following is the bulk of the defined authorities of the Parlamenzalochas in the 2017 Constitution.
- The Lordship shall inherit an advisory council, which shall be known as the Parlamenzalochas. This council shall come and go as the Lord deems suitable for the governance of the Commonwealth, and shall act in accordance with such advice:
- Shall execute whatever powers are specifically granted to him/her individually on any particular policy, case, or day.
The Lordship, nor any Representative, is required to make public what advice was tendered between the Lordship, even despite an inquiry from court.
- Representatives hold shall hold office on pleasure of the Lord;
- The salaries and contracts of Representatives may be determined by decree from the Lordship and by no order otherwise;
- All Wardens and the singular Viceroy of the Commonwealth shall be granted membership in the Parlamenzalochas on grounds of their representative stature;
- All Justices shall be granted membership in the Parlamenzalochas on grounds of their representative stature.
Members of the Second Parlamenzalochas
2018 elected members
Final composition and political parties
|Political parties represented in the Parliament|
Graeca Partite a Essia
|Environmentalism||Centre||Newton von Uberquie||
2 / 8
2 / 8
|Essian nationalism||Centre||Tarik Kârjasary||
4 / 8
5 / 8
2 / 8
1 / 8
† also includes vacant seats
March - June 2017 Parlamenzalochas
June 2017 - January 2018 Parlamenzalochas
January 2018 - March 2018 Parlamenzalochas