Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Timeline of Juclandian history
This is a dynamic list and may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.
Years: 2001 · 2002 · 2003 · 2004 · 2005 · 2006 · 2007 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015 · 2016 · 2017 · 2018 · 2019 · References
Historical eras of Juclandia
|1||Foundation Era||September 2001||September 2003|
|2||Consolidation Era||September 2003||September 2005|
|3||Socialist Era||September 2005||August 2008|
|4||Republican Era||August 2008||August 2010|
|5||Mature Development Era||August 2010||August 2014|
|6||Co-operative Era||August 2014||August 2017|
|7||Modern Juclandian Era||August 2017||present|
- September 10: the Country of Toys declares official statehood; provisional state institutions are formed.
- September: Ursu Viselinschi takes office as the country's first Prime Minister. The office was not legally defined at the time, but customary institutions began to develop, such as the Presidency, the government and the Council of the Land (Sfatul Țării).
- March: Ursu Viselinschi is replaced as Prime Minister by Elena Iliescu. She was the first and only human in Juclandia's history to serve in this position.
- August: Pisica Democrescu replaces Elena Iliescu as Prime Minister, as a de facto policy of having the head of government always be a plush toy is put in place. Elena Iliescu remains Governor of Cipimania, which would gradually evolve into the country's human-centred region.
- June: Moș Crăciun replaces Pisica Democrescu as Prime Minister. During his term, the first court of justice in Juclandia is formed, and a customary law system starts to develop
- July: Ciprian C. resigns as President of the Country of Toys to be replaced by Bestia Reformescu.
- September 10: Elena Iliescu, considered the Mother of Juclandia, dies aged 93.
- December: The government of SSDR introduces the leu, the country's first national currency. The first series consists of Monopoly banknotes containing a "LEI SSDR" overprint.
- November: The remnants of the Country of Toys are replaced by the Socialist Democratic State of Toys (SSDJ), which would be later renamed to the Socialist Democratic State of Romania (SSDR). The country was modelled on the German Democratic Republic, as well as the Socialist Republic of Romania. The full name was rarely utilised, the country being almost always referred to as the SSDR.
- December: Pisica Democrescu becomes Prime Minister for a second term, this time as a member of the opposition Democratic Party. She was the first Prime Minister to not come from the Communist Christian-Democratic Party.
- August 22: Parliamentary elections in the SSDR.
- August 23: The newly-elected Great National Assembly of the SSDR adopts the Declaration of Independence and proclaims the creation of the Socialist Republic of Juclandia
- March 16: Bestia Reformescu forms a new government based on a coalition between left-wing and right-wing parties.
- February 13: Parliamentary elections in Juclandia.
- July (mid-July): the Great National Assembly approved the constitutional amendments that would transform Juclandia into a monarchy.
- August 20: General elections in Juclandia.
- August 23: The Socialist Republic of Juclandia becomes the Kingdom of Juclandia. Ciprian becomes the country's first King and is coronated in a ceremony at the Palace of the Great National Assembly in Jucărești by the Patriarch of the Church of Juclandia. Gori Jucărescu is inaugurated as the first President of the Council of State.
- August 24: The Third Bestia Reformescu Cabinet is inaugurated, formed by a grand coalition between the right-wing Democratic Party and the National Workers' Bloc, a left-wing coalition of the Socialists, the Communist Party of Juclandia and the National Reform Party.
- August 16: General elections in Juclandia.
- August 19: Presidential elections run-off. Pisica Democrescu defeats Gori Jucărescu.
- January 27: In the aftermath of the 2012 parliamentary elections, Iepurica Democrescu manages to form a right-wing coalition and oust Bestia Reformescu from power.
- April 8: The New Democracy Movement quits the coalition and leaves Iepurica Democrescu's government in the minority. 
- June 3: The Duchy of Tianita becomes and overseas territory of Juclandia, under the rule of Joseph Puglisi.
- August 21: General elections in Juclandia.
- October 20: Sabia and Verona becomes and overseas territory of Juclandia, under the rule of Tarik of Sabia and Verona.
- February 28: A statute for the Orthodox Church of Juclandia is adopted. The statute enshrined the active role played by the Church in state affairs, as well as the role of the Patriarch in formulating public policies. Despite scepticism on the Left, the statute was adopted by a unanimity vote in the Assembly of Deputies. 
- March 17: The Great National Assembly adopts the Civil Unions Act 2013.
- April 26: The Constitution of Juclandia is amended in order to extend the powers of the presidency.
- June 10: Snap local elections in Jucărești.
- June 22: Ayrshire becomes and overseas territory of Juclandia, under the rule of Thomas Cassidy.
- July 15 to 20: King Ciprian of Juclandia attends the 2013 Intermicronational Summit. The Juclandian delegation also comprised Gori Jucărescu, President of Juclandia at the time, as well as a human citizen, Mircea B.
- August 11: General elections in Juclandia.
- August 18: Presidential election run-off. Gori Jucărescu defeats Ovia Bogi by a wafer-thin majority.
- October 1: Frieden becomes an overseas territory of Juclandia.
- November 15: The Juclandian Lottery opens the Royal Betting House (Casa regală de pariuri). 
- February 23: The Free State of Lenia as well as Juclandia's overseas territories of Sabia and Verona, Tianita, Frieden and Ayrshire secede from the Kingdom of Juclandia in order to form together, on an equal footing, the Federal Union of Juclandian Lands. Some citizens of Lenia form their own provinces, Leonida and Burlatia.
- August 10 and 17: General elections in Juclandia. Ovia Bogi leads the first round by a landslide.
- August 17: Ovia Bogi defeats Gori Jucărescu in the presidential election run-off by a 2 votes difference, in a tightly-contested campaign.
- August 22: Ovia Bogi is kidnapped by unknown assailants, preventing her from taking office as President of Juclandia the next day. Gori Jucărescu remains acting President, while Cocolino Jucărescu is sworn in as Vice President. Despite calls for Gori Jucărescu to resign in order to allow Cocolino Jucărescu to become acting President, Gori refuses to do so.
- September 27: Ovia Bogi is released from captivity. 
- November 1: Ovia Bogi is inaugurated as President.
- November 29: Both houses of the Great National Assembly are dissolved as a result of a cross-party agreement. Juclandia's leaders summon a National Constituent Assembly in order to draft and approve a new Constitution for Juclandia. A Provisional Council of National Unity is formed in order to rule of Juclandia until the Constituent Assembly is formed.
- May 1: The National Constituent Assembly approved the final draft of a new Constitution in two consecutive votes. The new Constitution enters into force and establishes direct democracy in the Kingdom.
- August 2: General elections in Juclandia. Oviga Bogi is re-elected President for a second term. She becomes the first person to be elected from the first round, defeating her opponents by a landslide.
- July 10: General elections in Juclandia. Ovia Bogi is re-elected President for a third term by a landslide from the first round.
- December 20: the state news agencies, Landmedia and Scânteia, as well as the international edition of the Scânteia state-owned newspaper, are merged into a new national news agency, telenot.jc. The name stands for "Telegraphic Notes of Juclandia".
- January 21: A constitutional amendment extends the term of the Council of State and the Presidency of Juclandia to two years.
- July 4: The Council of Ministers creates a mandatory military-like service for all Juclandian citizens.
- August 23: A major revision of the Constitution of 2015 is enacted. The Kingdom of Juclandia becomes the Juclandian Republic. The Juclandian Pragma is created. 
- May 31: The Royal Embassy of Juclandia, an extraterritorial entity of the Juclandian Republic located in France, is temporarily disbanded. While the government announced plans to relocate the Royal Embassy to Montreal, Quebec, these plans never materialised.
- June 12: The Grey Area, an anti-establishment political movement, is founded. Kusch Niedlich is selected to become its first leader.
- June 25: Juclandia's official Twitter account announced the impending abdication of the King of Juclandia, Ciprian.
- July 1: The Government of Juclandia announced on Twitter that the 2018 elections will use an electronic voting system.
- July 26: Fram Jucărescu becomes President of the United Revolutionary Front, after the defection of former President Adam Banici to the Grey Area.
- August 7: King Ciprian announces that he had postponed his abdication "indefinitely".
- August 23: Juclandia celebrates a decade of independence.
- September 10: The Statute of the Juclandian pragma is adopted by the Great National Assembly.
- Telenot (27 January 2012): Centre-left coalition ousted
- Telenot (8 April 2012): New Democracy leaves the Coalition in minority
- Telenot (28 February 2013): Assembly passes a New Statute for the Orthodox Church
- Telenot (15 November 2013): Juclandian lottery opens experimental bookmaker
- Telenot (17 October 2014): Bogi release sparks large-scale reforms
- Telenot (29 November 2014): Parliament dissolved; Constituent Assembly to be elected
- Telenot (5 July 2017): Government to Introduce Mandatory National Service
- Telenot (23 August 2017): Major update to Constitution enters into force
- Twitter (12 June 2018): 29 citizens found new political group in the Great National Assembly
- Twitter (25 June 2018): Juclandian Government statement
- Twitter (1 July 2018): Juclandian Government statement
- Twitter (26 July 2018): Juclandian news
- Twitter (7 August 2018): Statement of the Head of State