Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Mateus I of Ebenthal
|Reign||24 June 2019 – 27 September 2019|
|Mateus Beato Santoro de Sousa|
|Born||15 September 1999|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Mateus I of Ebenthal
|Reference style||His Illustrious Majesty|
|Spoken style||Your Illustrious Majesty|
Mateus I, nicknamed The Greater, (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 15 September 1999) was the second High King of Ebenthal. Born in Rio de Janeiro, where he currently resides with his family, he started his micronationalist activity on his brother's own micronation, being entitled Prince of Arturia. After Arthur I's abdication, he succeeded his brother as High King. His brief reign was rather chaotic, as he tried to undergo a series of unpopular changes. In conflict with de powerful Reis Dynasty of the Tribune of Truth's Seneschal Pedro Reis and Peer Lord Nícollas Reis, as well with most members of the Conclave, he tried to seize power by abusing his constituional powers dismissing every single member of each institution. In order to prevent not only this action but the possible dissolution of the micronation, both the Conclave and Tribune of Truth ruled for the deposition of High King Mateus in 27 September 2019, ending the rule of the House of Beato. He was later judged and declared an enemy of Ebenthal, sentenced to forever exile or death if he set a foot in the micronational territory.
After his deposition a regency was created and he was finally succeeded by Arthur II as High King of Ebenthal in 29 December 2019.
Titles, styles and honours
Titles and styles
- 11 August 2014 – 24 June 2014: His Illustrious Highness The Prince of Arturia
- 24 June 2014 – 27 September 2019: His Illustrious Majesty The High King of Ebenthal
As King of Ebenthal his full style and title is: "By Grace of God and Popular Devotion, His Illustrious Majesty Mateus the First, High King of the Ebenthali Federation either side of the Mountain Range, Defender of the Independence, Lord of the Northern Hills."
As High King of Ebenthal, Mateus was Grand Master of the following orders:
- Grand Master and Sovereign of the Order of the Swiss Prince
- Grand Master and Sovereign of the Order of Sweet Lady Mary
- Grand Master and Sovereign of the Order of the Black Needles
- Grand Master and Sovereign of the Order of the Silver Cat
- Grand Master and Sovereign of the Order of the Mountain Star
- Grand Master and Sovereign of the Order of the Sea and War