Foreign relations of Nova-Occitania
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Grand Unified Micronational
- Micronational Olympic Federation (Nova-Occitanian Olympic Committee)
- Occitanian Commonwealth
- The Republic of Aswington (formerly Tagtabazar) and the Union of Nova-Occitania signed a treaty on July 30th of 2019. Before the dissolution of the UPO which Nova-Occitania is the successor state, Tagtabazar was a federal element of it. The President of Tagtabazar, Juan Cisneros was also President of Occitania during ten months. Tagtabazar is now, since the dissolution of the UPO, an independent state. Both of them are members of the Occitanian Commonwealth. The treaty signed by the parties is the first one sign by Nova-Occitania, and it is characterized by an unbalanced aspect; indeed, several clauses imply support from Nova-Occitania towards Tagtabazar in several areas (juridical, diplomatic, political, monetary) because of the common history of the two nations.
- The Official Kingdom of Arbreland has used the occitanian currency (Occitanian Diner) as an unofficial user until the kingdom has signed a treaty with Occitania on August 13th 2019 to legalize the utilisation of the currency and to formalize diplomatic relations with Occitania.
- Iustus and Occitania have had friendly and cordial relations since the Iustus' appearance in the micronational community. When the Occitanian micronation was recreated, the nations signed a treaty formalizing these relations on August 12, 2019.
- The Directive of Misberia and the Union of Nova-Occitania have signed a cooperation and support treaty on May 1. Signature made possible by the reopening of Occitanian administrations after 1.5 months of closure due to the Covid19 pandemic. It was published on the same day in the Union Bulletin. On the initiative of Misberia, the treaty originally in English has been translated into French language after request from the authorities of Nova-Occitania.
- Rino Island and the Occitanian micronation have relations since 2015, strengthened in the field of culture ( Microvision Song Festival, Hispanidad ). It is therefore logical that the two micronations were closer at the time of the recovery of Occitanian micronation. On July 30, 2019, they signed a Peace and Friendship treaty.
- Occitania and Smyrna first had a conflictual relationship before coming closer under the Popular Union regime. A new treaty of friendship and alliance was signed on January 1, 2020.
- The Vancouver Island Soviet Socialist Republic has been approached by the Occitanian authorities to initiate diplomatic relations because of the ideological proximity of the two governments. The treaty was signed on July 31, 2019.
List of micronational relations
- The Occitanian Commonwealth is an intergovernmental organisation of 3 member states, who share strong diplomatic, historical, political or cultural ties with the Union of Nova-Occitania and of curse, Nova-Occitania is member of this micronational organization who was recreated on the same day as the Occitanian Micronation.
- The Nova-Occitanian Olympic Committee is member of the Micronational Olympic Federation, an intermicronational organization dedicated to creating, hosting, and scheduling micronational sporting and Esporting events.
- Since the fifth day of 2020, Occitania is member of the Konmalehth, an intermicronational organization which aims to develop and foster cultural and economic relations between its member states.
- On January 25, 2020 the Union of Nova-Occitania is a full member of the Grand Unified Micronational. The nation originally joined the GUM under the Popular regime, and de facto left the organization when it was dissolved on 25 October 2018 (See also Nova-Occitania and the Grand Unified Micronational).
- "Misberia and Occitania have signed a diplomatic treaty". ONN. 12 May 2020.