Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Republic of Aswington
|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
|Republic of Aswington|
Motto: Unity and Freedom
|Government||Federal semipresidential constitutional republic|
|Independence from the Popular Union of Occitania|
|28 October 2018|
|Time zone||VST (UTC−4)|
|Drives on the||right|
Aswington, officially the Republic of Aswington (Spanish: República de Aswington) is a self-declared independent state, commonly qualified to a micronation by foreign observers. It is located in the Carabobo state, north of Venezuela.
Aswington was founded on 3 May 2017 as an autonomous republic in the Popular Union of Occitania. Several months later, on 28 October 2018, following the dissolution of the Union, Aswington became an independent republic.
Government and Politics
Aswington is a federal and semipresidential republic. The government is led by the President, the Prime Minister and the Cabinet of Ministers. The President is the head of state, while the Prime Minister is the head of government and presides the Cabinet of Ministers. The President is elected by direct, universal and secret suffrage, while the Prime Minister is elected by the members of the National Assembly, at the beginning of each legislature. Together, they form a government.
The National Assembly is the legislative body of the country. In the assembly, sessions are held regularly and it is responsible for the creation and promulgation of laws and decrees. The members of the National Assembly are elected through direct, universal and secret suffrage.
- Prime Minister of Aswington - Head of government.
- Ministry of Art and Culture - Responsible for the promotion and preservation of the arts, as well as managing the country's historical archive.
- Ministry of Environment - Responsible for the promotion of policies for the protection of the environment.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Responsible for diplomatic affairs.
- Ministry of Information - Responsible for the management of the state media.
- Ministry of Immigration - Responsible for immigration and citizenship issues.
- Ministry of Social Affairs - Responsible for the care of social affairs in the country.
- Ministry of Sports - Responsible for sports issues.
- Ministry of State Security - Responsible for defense and security matters.
|People's Democratic Party||PDP||Juan Cisneros||Centre-left||Social democracy|
|New People's Party||NPP||Noah Woodgeard||Centre-left||Social liberalism|
Geography and Climate
- 1 January - New Year's Day
- 1 May - International Labour Day
- 3 May - Foundation Day
- 5 June - Enviornment Day
- 28 June - Pride Day
- 28 October - Independence Day
- 25 December - Christmas Day
- 31 December - New Year's Eve
There are few media outlets in Aswington, which are all state-owned. Aswington Post is the principal main source of news about the country, while The Republic is a newspaper that covers local and international news.
The country has progressively taken an interest in sports.
|Aswingtonian Checkers Arena||Armapat||Checkers|
|Friendship Chess Arena||Armapat||Chess|
|Armapat Stadium||Armapat||Connect 4|