National Assembly (Aswington)
|This article is a stub. You can help MicroWiki by expanding it.|
|Founded||July 15, 2019|
Leader of the Opposition
Labour Party (2)Independents
National Party (1)
Monarchist Party (1)Vacant
The National Assembly is the unicameral parliament in Aswington. As the legislative branch of the Aswingtonian government, it is responsible for the discussion, approval and enactment of laws, as well as discussing various issues.
According to the Constitution, the functions of the National Assembly are:
- Proposes and approves laws and decrees.
- Appoints and removes the President of the Supreme Court, the President of the Central Bank, the three members of the Supreme Court and the Electoral Committee.
- Establishes a motion of censure against the Prime Minister.
- Carry out an impeachment against the President of the Republic, with a view to his removal from office.
- Reaffirms or annuls diplomatic treaties with other countries.
- Establishes state decorations or military ranks.
The National Assembly is composed of ten members. These are elected through a party-list proportional representation. The members of parliament serve a term of two years and may be reelected consecutively. The actual legislature of the parliament is currently composed of seven members, while three seats remain vacant.