Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Monarchy of Florenia
|King of Florenia|
Royal Coat of Arms of Florenia
|Heir apparent||HRH The Prince Nathan|
|Formation||22 April 2011|
The Monarchy of Florenia, commonly referred to as the Florenian Monarchy or, as the legal institution, the Crown, is the constitutional monarchy of the Kingdom of Florenia. Formed upon the Florenia's foundation on 22 April 2011, the reigning monarch, Eran of Florenia, has reigned since independence. The Monarch has many responsibilities, the most important of which is granting royal assent to all Acts of Florenian Parliament so that they may become law. The Monarch's primary role as conceived of upon independence was as a symbol of national unity and a non-affiliated leader of the nation.
On 25 November 2016, Eran issued the November Declaration, a decree in which he claimed temporary powers and suspended Parliament. Eran has since ruled with nearly limitless power, though he does not exercise it frequently. He also assumed the style of His Majesty, doing away with the word Royal.
Powers and duties
Under Florenian Law, the monarch has the following powers and duties, and is constantly receiving more as the nation develops.
- The Monarch must grant royal assent to all Acts of Parliament before they can become law.
- The Monarch appoints and swears in the Prime Minister upon the winning of a general election.
- The Monarch appoints all members of the Cabinet on advice of the Prime Minister.
- The Monarch appoints confirmed Justices and Consuls of the Crown Court.
- The Monarch serves as the Head of State of Florenia, and therefore is the general political face of the nation.
- The Monarch is official Commander-in-Chief of the Florenian Armed Forces.
- The Monarch has the power to control all royal styles and arms.
- The Monarch may award Knighthoods and Honors to individuals.
- The Monarch may create Peerages for individuals.
Line of succession
The line of succession to the Throne of Florenia is slightly more complicated and different from most other royal lines of succession. First in line is The Prince Nathan, the eldest son of the King, who is followed, as per usual, by his brothers, uncle, aunt, and cousins. However, after all of the members of the king's immediate family, Queen Jane's father, The Most Hon Earl Fialko, continues the line of succession, followed by the Queen's immediate family. The line of succession is as follows:
- Princess Yona, Duchess of Southbury
- Lord John, 1st Earl Fialko