Orders, decorations, and medals of Lytera
The Lyteran honours system comprises the Awards, Medals and Decorations of the Kingdom of Lytera. The system was established in 2019 to show that Lytera recognises those who do a great duty for the nation.
Orders of chivalry
Order of Cavendish
The Order of Cavendish recognises those who accomplish a good deed towards the Kingdom. It is divided into five classes, seen below in descending order of precedence. All classes grant the title of Dame/Knight, except the VOC, which grants the title of Viscount/Viscountess.
- Viscount/Viscountess of the Most Excellent Order of Cavendish (VOC)
- Grand Commander of the Most Excellent Order of Cavendish (GOC)
- Commander of the Most Excellent Order of Cavendish (COC)
- Officer of the Most Excellent Order of Cavendish (OOC)
- Member of the Most Excellent Order of Cavendish (MOC)
As of 2020 one was awarded posthumously to Prince Nicholas of Posaf, VOC on the 9th of June, who, while not a Lyteran citizen, helped improve Lytera's diplomatic relations and the GUM in general. The award posthumously allows use of Viscount when referring to him in Lytera.
Order of Amelia
The Order of Amelia, named after Amelia I, recognises those who make contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public services in and outside of micronationalism.
It is divided into three classes, seen below in descending order of precedence. All classes grant the title of Dame/Knight.
- Master of the Most Excellent Order of Amelia (MOA)
- Knight of the Most Excellent Order of Amelia (KOA)
- Apprentice of the Most Excellent Order of Amelia (AOA)
Table of precedence
|Order of Cavendish||Order of Amelia|
Full list of awardees
- Matthew of Essexia
- Jack Dean
- Dhrubajyoti Roy, Rashtradhyaksh of Vishwamitra
- Adam I, Emperor of Adammia
- Hannah, Princess of Wildflower Meadows
- Abrams I of Ikonia
- Ashley Jaax
- James Frisch
- Newton von Uberquie
- Otto Gillespie Birch
- Jayden Lycon
- Leon Montan
Military Medals can only be awarded to those who have served in the Lyteran Police Force, which acts as the nation's de-facto armed forces, the only exception to this being the Iron Cross, which can be awarded to Civilians and LPF members.
- The Marion Cross (MC) - "for most conspicuous bravery, or some daring or pre-eminent act of valour or self-sacrifice, or extreme devotion to duty in the presence of the enemy.". Named after the late first Monarch, Marion I.
- The Iron Cross (IC) - "acts of the greatest heroism or of the most conspicuous courage in circumstances of extreme danger." (not in the presence of the enemy)
- The Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (CGC) - "for conspicuous gallantry during active operations against the enemy".
- The Gallantry Cross (GC) - "for gallantry during active operations against the enemy".
- The Koi Cross (KC) - "for highly successful command and leadership during active operations. ".
- The Lorentian Star - "For operational service in Lorentia during the Great Ruislip War between 3 June and 12 October 2014."
- The Fizonian Star - "For operational service in Fizona during the Great Ruislip War between 12 October 2014 and 27 July 2015."
Both medals were originally made of paper and have been lost to time.
Conspicuous Gallantry Cross
- https://rln.home.blog/2021/01/01/lyteran-new-years-honours-2020/ Lyteran New Years Awards 2020