MicroWiki:This month in history/January
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Establishment – State of Torusse (20 Aug 2021); Kingdom of Lovely (1 Jan 2005); Most Glorious People's Republic of A1 (1 Jan 2008); Kingdom of Wattania (1 Jan 2009); Principality of Posaf (2 Jan 2018); State of Bascal (7 Jan 2009); State of Gradonia (1 Jan 2018); Republic of Dorzhabad (15 Jan 2010); Murrayfield (18 Jan 2009); Tsalojdom of Birgeshir (18 Jan 2010); New Europe (20 Jan 2009); Kingdom of Coleraine (21 Jan 2009); Free Cyberia (22 Jan 2000); Federated States of Antarctica (25 Jan 2009); Pontunia (12 Jan 2020) Kingdom of Angador (26 Jan 2008); The Kingdom of Suttornland (26 Jan 2021); Empire of Talcon (28 Jan 2021).
- Unknown – Fred Church Ortiz from Cherusken Isonomia is temporarily elected as 8th Secretary-General of the League of Secessionist States (2002).
- 1st – General Election in Austenasia (2009); legislative power passes to the Imperial Assembly in New Europe (2010); Presidents Elect Luke I and Parker I take power in Secundomia (2010).
- 3rd – St.Charlian General Elections of 2010 take place (2010).
- 4th – SCSM founder Fabiana Gallo della Loggia resigns as General Secretary of the Socialist Movement, and is succeeded by Magnus de Armis (2010).
- 5th – The Grand Unified Micronational is founded (2009); Two simultaneous attempted coups at the Imperial Court of Austenasia – one attempting to trick Esmond III into abdication, and the other attempting to implement a communist revolution – fail (2011).
- 8th – The celebration of Emperor Norton Day (1880).
- 13th – Pav wins the 2011 Senyan Senyavite Elections to become Senyavite (2011)
- 18th – Wilhelm von Hartmann, Catherine Willoughby and Kasey Honings create the United Reichs of North America (2008); reformation of Murrayfield (2009).
- 18th - Inactive Baránok merges with Połiak to form the Połiak-Baránok federation.
- 21st – Branson Act 2009 is passed in St.Charlie, adopting a multi-party system (2009); The Constitution of the Confederation of Awesome is ratified by all four states (2010).
- 22nd - Leader of the Principality of Duke Tom Yusuf Kap is born in NYC. His birth marks the beggining of the Topek Calendar (2006 is Topek 1).
- 23rd – The Skirmish of Astley Meadow is fought between the Adammic Army and a British insurgent (2014).
- 27th – The Declaration of Restoration is signed, reforming the Essian Commonwealth into an absolute monarchy (2017); Nicholas Randouler undemocratically dissolves the Aenderian government, leading to revival by Milaw Oakforrest and thus marking the end of the Second Aenderian Political Crisis and start of the Fifth Republic (2019).
- 29th - Phokland gains political independence from Domanglia (2019).