List of notable micronational conflicts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This list is incomplete, you can help MicroWiki by expanding it.
This is a list of notable conflicts in the MicroWiki Community.
- The Great Micronational Antarctic War (Siple War) was fought between Flandrensis and Westarctica over the territory of Siple Island. It was the first war to involve numerous nations in the fledgling MicroWiki community. The war ended after Flandrensis unilaterally declared a ceasefire. The Antarctic Micronational Union was a product of this war.
- The Somplenese-Molossian War was declared by the Empire of Somple against the Republic of Molossia in March 2009. Molossia ignored the war, and Somple received very little support, with most nations either declaring neutrality or defending Molossia. Due to the lack of support, Somple surrendered three days after declaring the war.
- The Meissner-Antifan War (New Euro-Scientopian War) was fought between Scientopia and New Europe as the result of a dispute within the Grand Unified Micronational surrounding the latter's supposed racist and fascist policies. The war was fought between two nations which were both influential in the MicroWiki community at the time, and the conflict threatened to seriously damage the early community. The war was ended following GUM peace talks spearheaded by Francisville, the Union of Socialist Micronational Republics and Petorio, with both belligerent micronations apologising to each other.
- The Rhodesian War was fought between Rhodesia and Finismund after the former surreptitiously inserted a clause into a bilateral treaty giving them all the land of the latter. Despite diplomatic support from nations such as Flandrensis, Finismund surrendered.
- The New Euro-Erusian War was fought between New Europe and Erusia as the result of an ideological dispute. New Scientopia and the Cheslovian Federation supported the Erusian side. The conflict was resolved with the signing of the Treaty of Universal Non-Aggression. At the time, the belligerents were thought of as being two "superpowers" in the MicroWiki community, although a year later it would transpire that Erusia was a fictional nation.
- The Austenasian Civil War was a civil war fought between the Austenasian government and Carolinian rebels over a dispute over the succession to the throne following the abdication of Terry I. Many other MicroWiki nations took sides in the conflict: New Europe supported the Austenasian government, whilst the Socialist Union of Nemkhavia and Pristinia and the Zonian Confederacy supported the rebels, for example. Following the Battle of Carshalton Park and the Battle of the Grove, the conflict was resolved through the Austenasian Monarchical Referendum, which was won by the government-backed Emperor, Esmond III.
- The Great Patriotic War was fought between the Most Glorious People's Republic of A1 and the breakaway Federal State of A1 following the 2010 A1 Political Crisis. The former was supported by nations such as Wyvern and the Zonian Confederacy. The war ended in a ceasefire, with neither side claiming victory.
- The Atlantis Civil War was fought between the government of the Republic of Atlantis and Anarcho-communist rebels. Most contemporary micronations avoided the conflict, though a number of younger micronations such as Ultamiya, Starland, the USLSSR and Los Bay Petros pledged support to the government. The conflict ended in a ceasefire.
- The War of the Orlian Reunification was fought between the Empire of Austenasia and the Tsardom of Orly. The war was orchestrated by Crown Prince Jonathan to remove Emperor Esmond III from power, and it resulted in the Tsar of Orly, Declan I, II & V, becoming joint Emperor of Austenasia.
- The Freihetian Civil War was fought between the Freihetian Empire and rebels from the territory of Rocklund. The conflict was sparked from Emperor Markus II's attempts to prevent the creation of the Wurtige Empire, which was absorbing members from the Confederate States of Prosperity, where Freihetia had a great deal of influence. A coup d'etat was attempted by rebel senators who were alarmed by Markus' attempts to have Knoll Island secede from the Wurtige Empire. States then broke away from Freihetia, and were supported by the fledgling Wurtige Empire. Peace accords were eventually negotiated by Yurtyzstan, which recognised Rocklund as independent. This was a precursor to the later Spice Wars.
- The Spice Wars began in 2013 between New Israel (a successor to Freihetia) and the Wurtige Empire. The war was declared by New Israel, which held a grudge against the Wurtige Empire due to their role in the Freihetian Civil War; however, the Wurtige Empire largely ignored the conflict in 2013. New Israel re-annexed Rocklund, but became the subject of much derision within the MicroWiki Community after Emperor Markus II launched homophobic attacks against the President of the Oasis Islands, which greatly damaged New Israel's diplomatic standing.
- The Freedomian Aggression (Third Spice War or West Germanic Bishop's War) was a continuation of the 2013 Spice Wars. The Kingdom of West Germania seceded from the Empire of New Israel, and was supported by the Wurtige Empire. The Wurtige Empire created the Treaty of York, creating the Yorkist coalition of nations which supported West Germania. The Yorkists were also supported diplomatically by the Ashukov Federation. The war ended when New Israel surrendered, ceding Rocklund to the Tsardom of Nolland and recognising West Germania as independent. However, within a year, New Israel had re-claimed Rocklund and re-unified with West Germania, which was not opposed by the Wurtige Empire as it had become inactive.
- The Pannonian War was declared by South Maudlandia against Liberland, over an area of terra nullius on the border between Croatia and Serbia known as Siga, which was claimed by both nations. Despite the fact that Liberland never acknowledged the war, a number of nations joined the war on South Maudlandia's side, including Paravia, Mcarthia and Nedland. Following intense criticism from older micronationalists, most of the belligerents withdrew from the conflict within a couple of weeks.
- The Lundener Civil War was fought between the government of the Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic and communist rebels from 2015 to 2016. In 2016, the Empire of Karnia-Ruthenia intervened on the government side; the government also had diplomatic support from the majority of MicroWiki nations. The war ended in victory for the government side.
- The Gymnasian-Bohemian Crisis in February was one of most important events in the modern Czech MicroWiki community. It broke out between the Gymnasium State and Republic of Bohemia, with other UMCE member states backing the Gymnasian side, and escalated into a short war at the end of the it. The tensions between the two nations never really disappeared until the July of 2019.
- The TOES-Almendria War was an online Discord-based conflict between the controversial state of Almendria and a number of nations loosely affiliated with the TOES group. Arguably the most prominent of numerous "wars" based around Discord server "raids", it contributed heavily towards the negative reputation of both Almendrian leader Tizian Aruna, and the r/micronations community as a whole.
- The Tungsten-MACP War was fought between the Tungsten Pact, led by the Wohlstand Vereinigung, against the Micronational Anti-Comintern Pact. It was another largely Reddit and Discord-based conflict, which was strongly criticised even by nations which had participated in the recent TOES-Almendria War. The conflict did see one purported physical "invasion" when the Wohlstand Vereinigung occupied the seemingly uninhabited Aleunnic Empire as part of Operation Seebrecher. As the MACP lost a number of members due to the conflict, the Tungsten Pact claimed victory. However, the Tungsten Pact itself would dissolve just a few weeks later.
- The Great Des Plaines Valley War broke out in the Des Plaines Valley Sector near Chicago, after the Empire of Rodentia invaded Wegmat. The war was a rare example of physical conflict between micronations, and was perhaps the first time since the Pannonian War that a large number of (albeit younger) MicroWiki nations took sides in a war. This was largely due to the fact that Rodentia and its allies invaded the Rainbowlands, an array of territories within the sector that Wegmat had distributed to various MicroWiki nations. A number of nations chose to withdraw their claims in the Rainbowlands rather than become involved in the conflict. The war reportedly lasted five months and ended with Wegmat and its allies forcing Rodentia to surrender.
- The Long Island War broke out between western and eastern micronations on Long Island, primarily Ausveria and Tesforia. There have allegedly been some in-person campaigns and skirmishes.
- The Munatopian conflict was declared by separatist movement IMM and breakaway state Munatopia against the Olovian government, the Munatopian conflict was one of the four conflicts that used physical weapons (vz.24 rifle).
- The Midlothian War was declared by Kapreburg against Wegmat. Baustralia and Ausveria have joined the war on Kapreburg's side, as well as Weimar, which had previously fought against Wegmat in the Great Des Plaines Valley War. There have allegedly been a number of in-person engagements between Wegmat and Kapreburg / Weimar forces using BB guns.