Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
List of micronational conflicts
|This list is incomplete, you can help MicroWiki by expanding it.|
This is a list of conflicts in the MicroWiki Community.
- The Great Micronational Antarctic War (Siple War) was fought between Flandrensis and Westarctica over the territory of Siple Island. It was the first war to involve numerous nations in the fledgling MicroWiki community. The war ended after Flandrensis unilaterally declared a ceasefire. The Antarctic Micronational Union was a product of this war.
- The Somplenese-Molossian War was declared by the Empire of Somple against the Republic of Molossia in March 2009. Molossia ignored the war, and Somple received very little support, with most nations either declaring neutrality or defending Molossia. Due to the lack of support, Somple surrendered three days after declaring the war.
- The Meissner-Antifan War (New Euro-Scientopian War) was fought between Scientopia and New Europe as the result of a dispute within the Grand Unified Micronational surrounding the latter's supposed racist and fascist policies. The war was fought between two nations which were both influential in the MicroWiki community at the time, and the conflict threatened to seriously damage the early community. The war was ended following GUM peace talks spearheaded by Francisville, the Union of Socialist Micronational Republics and Petorio, with both belligerent micronations apologising to each other.
- The Rhodesian War was fought between Rhodesia and Finismund after the former surreptitiously inserted a clause into a bilateral treaty giving them all the land of the latter. Despite diplomatic support from nations such as Flandrensis, Finismund surrendered.
- The New Euro-Erusian War was fought between New Europe and Erusia as the result of an ideological dispute. New Scientopia and the Cheslovian Federation supported the Erusian side. The conflict was resolved with the signing of the Treaty of Universal Non-Aggression. At the time, the belligerents were thought of as being two "superpowers" in the MicroWiki community, although a year later it would transpire that Erusia was a fictional nation.
- The Austenasian Civil War was a civil war fought between the Austenasian government and Carolinian rebels over a dispute over the succession to the throne following the abdication of Terry I. Many other MicroWiki nations took sides in the conflict: New Europe supported the Austenasian government, whilst the Socialist Union of Nemkhavia and Pristinia and the Zonian Confederacy supported the rebels, for example. Following the Battle of Carshalton Park and the Battle of the Grove, the conflict was resolved through the Austenasian Monarchical Referendum, which was won by the government-backed Emperor, Esmond III.
- The Great Patriotic War was fought between the Most Glorious People's Republic of A1 and the breakaway Federal State of A1 following the 2010 A1 Political Crisis. The former was supported by nations such as Wyvern and the Zonian Confederacy. The war ended in a ceasefire, with neither side claiming victory.
- The Atlantis Civil War was fought between the government of the Republic of Atlantis and Anarcho-communist rebels. Most contemporary micronations avoided the conflict, though a number of younger micronations such as Ultamiya, Starland, the USLSSR and Los Bay Petros pledged support to the government. The conflict ended in a ceasefire.
- The War of the Orlian Reunification was fought between the Empire of Austenasia and the Tsardom of Orly. The war was orchestrated by Crown Prince Jonathan to remove Emperor Esmond III from power, and it resulted in the Tsar of Orly, Declan I, II & V, becoming joint Emperor of Austenasia.
- Andalusian Civil War
- The Freihetian Civil War was fought between the Freihetian Empire and rebels from the territory of Rocklund. The conflict was sparked from Emperor Markus II's attempts to prevent the creation of the Wurtige Empire, which was absorbing members from the Confederate States of Prosperity, where Freihetia had a great deal of influence. A coup d'etat was attempted by rebel senators who were alarmed by Markus' attempts to have Knoll Island secede from the Wurtige Empire. States then broke away from Freihetia, and were supported by the fledgling Wurtige Empire. Peace accords were eventually negotiated by Yurtyzstan, which recognised Rocklund as independent. This was a precursor to the later Spice Wars.
- The Spice Wars began in 2013 between New Israel (a successor to Freihetia) and the Wurtige Empire. The war was declared by New Israel, which held a grudge against the Wurtige Empire due to their role in the Freihetian Civil War; however, the Wurtige Empire largely ignored the conflict in 2013. New Israel re-annexed Rocklund, but became the subject of much derision within the MicroWiki Community after Emperor Markus II launched homophobic attacks against the President of the Oasis Islands, which greatly damaged New Israel's diplomatic standing.
- The Freedomian Aggression (Third Spice War or West Germanic Bishop's War) was a continuation of the 2013 Spice Wars. The Kingdom of West Germania seceded from the Empire of New Israel, and was supported by the Wurtige Empire. The Wurtige Empire created the Treaty of York, creating the Yorkist coalition of nations which supported West Germania. The Yorkists were also supported diplomatically by the Ashukov Federation. The war ended when New Israel surrendered, ceding Rocklund to the Tsardom of Nolland and recognising West Germania as independent. However, within a year, New Israel had re-claimed Rocklund and re-unified with West Germania, which was not opposed by the Wurtige Empire as it had become inactive.
- The Pannonian War was declared by South Maudlandia against Liberland, over an area of terra nullius on the border between Croatia and Serbia known as Siga, which was claimed by both nations. Despite the fact that Liberland never acknowledged the war, a number of nations joined the war on South Maudlandia's side, including Paravia, Mcarthia and Nedland. Following intense criticism from older micronationalists, most of the belligerents withdrew from the conflict within a couple of weeks.
- The Lundener Civil War was fought between the government of the Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic and communist rebels from 2015 to 2016. In 2016, the Empire of Karnia-Ruthenia intervened on the government side; the government also had diplomatic support from the majority of MicroWiki nations. The war ended in victory for the government side.
- The Gymnasian-Bohemian Crisis in February was one of most important events in the modern Czech MicroWiki community. It broke out between the Gymnasium State and Republic of Bohemia, with other UMCE member states backing the Gymnasian side, and escalated into a short war at the end of the it. The tensions between the two nations never really disappeared until the July of 2019.
- The Mycusian Conflict was the first of a series of virtual conflicts who saw the involvement of the Italian micronationalist community. The Kingdom of Caredolci declared war at Republic of Damazia on 4 April 2019 and the president of Chelandia joins the war against Caredolci. The war ends on April 21, with the victory of all the countries entered in the war with Damazia and Chelandia (MYCUS Coalition). On that day, Marco Tumbarello, the Supreme General (and dictator) of Caredolci abdicates and the micronation fails.
- After the Mycusian Conflict, other wars have exploded, like the Slimian Conflict and the Cold Crisis of UMS. These wars are actually in conflict.
- The Timo-Excitement Cold War took place from 3 October 2019 to 10 February 2020. The sides, non-communist Timo and communist SEnteral Excitement did not agree on what laws would be established. However, SEnteral Excitement got 11 citizens and Timo only 3, and SEnteral Excitement's leader, His Excellence Great Emperor Eshaan I, agreed with Timo during the sides signing the Treaty of Nate City that they would become two duchies (counties) of a new Timonocite Empire. Eshaan passed on his leadership to Shreekrishna Avhad, and Eshaan lead the entire Timonocite Empire as great emperor. On 20 March 2020, Eshaan announced that they would fully quit communism. The population merged, and more people were happy to enter.
- The Brother War is going on still today