This article uses a non-standard infobox to display information. Please transcribe the information to a standard infobox appropriate for the article.
Dr. Gordon Freeman
KOA1 OOY ORRF
|1st Deputy Chairman of A1
January 8, 2008
|First Secretary of the Federated Republics of A1
27 October 2010
|2nd Chairman of A1
August 25, 2009
|1st, 3rd & 5th Secretary-General of the OAM
October 30, 2009
|Position Established (1st); Sir. Mark Meehan (3rd)
|Sir. Mark Meehan (1st) ;Petya d'Égtavie (3rd); Incumbent (5th)
|1st Vice Secretary-General of the OAM
April 27, 2010
|1990 (age 25-26)
|Near Mount Isa, Queensland, Australia
Dr. Gordon Freeman, also known as Philip Fish or Donald Sunderland, was the founder of the Federated Republics of A1, former Minister for Communications & Transport, three time Secretary-General of the Organisation of Active Micronations and was A1's chief envoy and ambassador to external organizations. He was one of the founding members of A1 and held senior positions in government since its inception.
He was born in Brisbane, Australia, moving to Mount Isa when he was 4. He then came into contact with a number of other people who held the same political views as he did. They then organized themselves, and on January 1 2008, they created the micronation of the Federated Republics of A1.
Neither "Gordon Freeman" nor "Donald Sunderland" are his real name. Freeman is an avid sporting shooter and regularly goes hunting with his father.
Dr. Freeman was appointed as Deputy Chairman by the group's leader, Chairman Pprit, and almost single-handedly wrote the A1 Constitution and Bill of Rights, which are still in force today.
He was also appointed as Minister of Interior, as provided under the constitution at the time.
He has helped to advance the cause of A1 and raise awareness, especially amongst the wider micronational community. He has achieved this mainly through his portfolio of Acting Minister for Communications as of May 2009, due to a reshuffle that amalgamated some portfolios and moved ministers around.
He commissioned A1's first White Paper in June 2009, which was completed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration, and eventually resulted in the establishment of the successful Organisation of Active Micronations.
Following the 2010 A1 Political Crisis, he won the March 2010 A1 General Election with a reduced majority, and the in the subsequent ministerial reshuffle, amalgamated the Ministry of Interior into the Office of the Chairman and also obtained the position of Minister for Communications.
After becoming Party Chairman upon former Chairman Pprit's sudden absence, and subsequently leading the A1 People's Party to a crushing victory in the August 2009 A1 General Elections, he was sworn in as the second Chairman of A1, being the party's candidate and favourite to win the election.
Following a personal disagreement with Tomas Caulfield that turned into the most damaging political crisis in A1's history, Sunderland succeeded in winning the March 2010 A1 General Election, albeit with a reduced majority, following election rigging by the United A1 Party. This culminated in the Great Patriotic War soon afterwards.
Federated Republics of A1
As First Secretary of the newly created Federated Republics of A1, Dr. Freeman was now Head of State, but not Head of Government. That position is held by the Prime Minister. Within three days of being appointed, Sir. Gordon saw that elections could not be held within the next few weeks due to the eruption of Mt. Merapi, and so appointed Premier of Lichthalzen and First Lady, Mars McTavish, to the position of Acting Prime Minister until elections were over.
Awards and decorations
Sir Donald has been granted noble status in Eleytheria, where his style is:
- The Most Hon. Lord, Sir Donald Sunderland, KE, 1st Baronet Sunderland of that Ilk, 1st Baron Blynderford, Lord Blynderford-cum-Havisham of Truncett, Keeper of Castle Blynderford, and Chieftain of Clan Sunderland
He has been granted arms described as "Or, a bend sinister cotised; for a crest, upon the shield a baron's coronet proper." The interpretation of the Eleytherian Heraldry Office is depicted on the right.
Furthermore, he has been awarded these honours:
- Knight of the Order of A1 - This was bestowed upon him by then Chairman Pprit for "extraordinary contributions to A1".
- Great Patriotic War, A2, B27 & B31 Service medals - Service medals awarded to any members of the A1 Defence Force who have served in particular places/campaigns/operations.
- Silver Cross, 2nd class - Bravery medals awarded for bravery in combat. Sir. Gordon was awarded this by then Chairman Pprit, along with other members of the A1 People's Army in recognition of their bravery in military operations.
- Knight in the Order of Flandrensis
- Officer of the Order of Yabloko - For outstanding contributions in the interests of the micronational world.
- Starland Order of the Star - For standing up against the former King Nik and for contributions made to the micronational world.
- 2010 Slinky Award of Appreciation for Friendliness - For founding the Organisation of Active Micronations, creating a community for world leaders.
- Order of the Federal Republic - For outstanding achievements on his devotion to the micronational world.
- Obsidian Ribbon Decoration First Class - Awarded by the People's reformed States Republic for "outstanding service to the micronational community and positive actions to promote its moving forward"
- Marquis of Arson-upon-Sturt - Awarded by Prince Jeremy Oakes of Optima (part of Dranoria) for contributions to the micronational community
|Minister for Interior
|January 2009 - March 2010
|Minister for Communications
|January 2009 - Present
|Minister for Transport
|June 2010 - Present
|Governor of Filland Protectorate
|January 2009 - October 2009