Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
|This article has no relevant categories. Please help MicroWiki by adding a category to this page and removing this template.|
|Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications|
Logo used on official documents
|Established||1 May 2008|
|Type of agency||Civil, with independent authority|
|Autonomous body subject exclusively to the Regency Office|
De facto: Alessia Garazzini (as President of the Governatorate)
The Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications is a special department of the Vilthian Central Protectorate.
It is an autonomous body, operated as a classified sercret-service, subject exclusively to the authority of the Sovereign.
Although its existence is evident in the law 16/2008 (which also establishes the ASD, Authority for the Security of the Decracy), official information on this organ are very rare.
The Department operates at a level of secrecy superior to that of ASD, the leading intelligence agency in Vilthia.
The law provides that the tasks of this institute are:
- Conduct research in the fields of science, technology and defense to ensure the security and stability of the nation;
- Test new technologies and defense supports on behalf of the Central Protectorate;
- Encourage collaboration in scientific research classified as a priority for the national interest;
- Ensure the safety of scientific, medical and technological practices before they come into contact with citizens, as well as preventing the entry into the national territory of harmful or dangerous elements, technologies and practices;
- Collaborate with military bodies and security agencies in the relevant areas of intelligence;
- In any case, perform the functions that the Sovereign can assign.
Although all information regarding the Department are secreted and classified, it is believed that it operates in different locations on the national territory and, probably, even outside it.
From the organization charts of the Governatorate's Department of Security and Civil Protection, there is a reference to a presence of the D.H.A.R.M.A. at the Pion military base.
Furthermore, it is believed that it maintains an operating location in the southern desert area of Teratiliventhia.