List of micronational political scandals
- Brazeaugate: The Abeldane head of government, the Speaker of the federal legislature and others conspire to trick Michael Thomas Brazeau into believing he had won a federal election.
- Decembergate: An Abeldane federal election is re-run by the government following an investigation turning up widespread voter fraud.
- Hapsburg Defection: The defection of a member of the federal legislature of the Abeldane National Independence Party to the National Federalist Party of Abelden triggers a constitutional crisis.
- Crisis of the 7th: A General Assembly member causing a leadership dispute between the largest company in Cycoldia and the Monarch. It ended with a temporary suspension of the General Assembly.
- Shutdown and Crisis of the 25th: Whenever Christina I temporarily gave their authority to the Regent, temporarily shutting down the government. After 3 days the Monarch took back power.
- "Lethler Experiment": Robert Lethler, a sockpuppet for Sebastian Linden, exercises a great degree of control over the MicroWiki Sector as Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational and as an administrator of the MicroWiki website.
In traditional Glastieven historiography, the major political scandals have been listed as Spingate, April 2017, Matthewsgate, Reform, the Acteriendia and New Secessionism Crisis (including Egate), the Treaty of Exeter, Glastieven N leaving the group, and the Bonhay Revolution. Posterity has added Wikigate, Glastieven R's fake resignation in October 2017, N's contentious The Glastieven opinion piece in 2018, and the Difficult Christmas, all of which have been recognised in retrospect as major historical turning points. Spingate and the September Scare are both now regarded as having been less significant than historically believed.
- Spingate controversy
- April 2017 controversy
- Matthewsgate controversy
- Wikigate controversy
- September Scare
- R's fake resignation
- Reform controversy
- Egate controversy
- Acteriendia and New Secessionism Crisis
- Treaty of Exeter
- N's "old dog" opinion peice
- N leaves the group
- Bonhay Revolution
- Difficult Christmas
- 2012-13 GUM leadership scandal: The then-Chairman of the Grand Unified Micronational is accused of corruption after the expulsion of Sandus and Juclandia from the organisation, prompting his and the Vice-Chair's resignation.
- IMTO Dissolution Scandal (aka IMTOgate): The then-Secretary-General of the IMTO conspires to coordinate a leak of information to force then-Member's Inspector to vote in favour of the organisation's dissolution.
- Nameless Betrayal: Every female citizen of Indokistan leaves the nation and defects to form the micronation of Nameless.
- Elijahgate: Scandal following the so-called "secret and unconstitutional agenda" of the New Eiffelic Party and coalition of Individualism by Elijah M.
- Monarchist Party scandal: An assumed alias of John I, Hankery Jenkinson ran the Monarchist party before the government closed it due to suspicious of an illegal alias.
- Cabinet Crisis: The Secundomian President's announcement of his cabinet choices results in widespread public protest
Sprinske Communist Republic
• October 2020 Protest Clashes
- Observergate: The publication of a damning letter in the St.Charlian Observer leads to two months of frosty St.Charlian-Erusian relations.
- Conspiracy Scandal: A group of Überstadti legislators conspire to commit high treason.
- James Reece: A former Whestcorean politician attempts to depose the Whestcorean government and claim their territory.