Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Micronational reactions to the 2017 Catalan crisis
of macronational events
|EU Parliament elections||2019|
|United States of America|
|Presidential elections||2016 - 2020|
|Annexation of Crimea||2014|
|Chinese Uyghur internment||2018|
|Hong Kong protests||2019|
|George Floyd protests||2020|
The following is a list of micronations that expressed public reactions to the Catalonian crisis (2017), either support for the separatists and the ensuing self-declared Catalan Republic, or the unionists and the Spanish government.
Support for Spain, unionists
- Austrovia - The Empire declared support for the Spanish Government when His Majesty, Emperor Andrew I, used the first Imperial Decree to do so.
- Cycoldia Cycoldia unofficially is in opposition, with the Summi Imperatoria having said that "Catalonia is rightfully Spain"
- Federation of Darta - communicated through Twitter that the Government would not recognise Catalonia as a country unless it is clearly demonstrated that a majority of Catalans are pro-independence.
- Polanda - In an interview with Al Occitania, representatives of the government of Polanda stated they would "not recognize" an independent Catalan state.
- Smyrna - In an interview with Al Occitania, representatives of the government of Smyrna stated they were "in favor" of the "unity and integrity" of the Kingdom of Spain.
- House of Nassau-Ter Haar - The House recognises all European monarchies, therefore recognising King Felipe VI of Spain as the rightful royal leader of all the Kingdom of Spain.
- Democratic Republic of Georgienstine - Announced the referendum was rigged and that Catalonia was rightfully Spanish.
Support for Catalonia, separatists
- Aarianian Union of North America - On 27 October 2017, the Aarianian Union officially recognized the sovereignty of Catalonia. The Grand Marquette of Aariania stated "[the Spanish Constitution is too] harsh and corrupt, and Catalonia deserves the right to govern itself".
- Calcont - The Monarch Caleb Lowman has supported the Catalan movement because he strongly believes in the right to self-determination. The Catalan people are unique and have their own language and culture separte from Spain. Also, he in particular, does not like how Spain acts and such.
- Escaplieria - Through it's recognition program, the Republic of Escaplieria has officially recognized Catalonia. This recognition was contributed by the Minister of External Affairs, Mathew Fisher, who believes the people have had the right to independence, and also sees Spain's handling of the situation as inefficient and poor.
- Fishing Trail - Prime Minister Ewing said in May 2020 "The people of Catalonia spoke several years ago and they should be heard"
- Florian Republic - The Florian government has officially stated that it will not recognise Catalonia as an independent state and believes that a legal referendum should have been held.
- IKwaZulu-Natali - On October 17 2017 IKwaZulu-Natalian government recognized Catalonian independence , The IKwaZulu-Natalian Senator said that "Catalonia is an state similar to Hong Kong and Somaliland, Catalonia looked like they have their own culture but the thing that is not similar to Hong Kong is that Spain controls them heavily and they force people to live in Spain."
- Juclandia - The Juclandian government announced, through its official Twitter account, that it "salutes the proclamation of the Catalan Republic".
- Nedland - On 4 May 2020, the Nedlandic government expressed support for Catalonian independence due to its hard regionalist stances, but condemned the Catalonian government for the reasons behind the secession, namely to keep more tax money for themselves.
- Occitania - On 27 October 2017, Occitania recognizes Catalonia as a "sovereign and independent nation".
- Molossia - On 27 October 2017 on their twitter account, Molossia "fully supports Catalan independence, believing that all peoples have the right to self-determination".
- Sabia and Verona - On 27 October 2017 on their twitter account, Sabia and Verona "stands in solidarity with the Catalan people and the newly formed Catalan Republic". Also they "welcome the Catalonia Parlament's declaration of independence. It has been our longstanding position to support Catalan self-determination" 
- Troncopañya - In an interview to the newspapper Al Occitania, Troncopañya says "we think that if in that referendum the majority of votes are for independence, Catalonia has the right to be independent. So, obviously, we are going to recognize Catalonia as an independent state. We wrote the Royal Decree 2/2017 that says that if the result is yes, we must recognize Catalonia as a state".
- Vladislavia - Republic has officially recognized an independence of the Catalan Republic and accepted a decree fixating its status in Vladislavia.
Call for negotiations
- Ashukovo - President Edward Jacobs tweeted: While Spain has the right to protect its territorial integrity, the Catalan people have also the right to a voice. Democracy and dialogue.
- Suverska - Suverska called for negotiations between the two parties.
- Micronational reactions to the 2014 Crimean crisis
- Micronational endorsements for 2016 US presidential candidates
- "Catalan independence referendum: micronational survey" Al Occitania. 1 October 2017. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Aarianian state recognizes Catalonian independence" Aarianian National News. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
-  "Juclandia
-  "Legialle
-  "Occitania
-  "Molossia
-  "Sabia and Verona
-  "Article Al Occitania
-  Vladislavia
-  President Jacobs' official twitter feed