Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
House of Horne
Coat of arms
|Country||Holy Roman Empire|
|Parent house||House of Nassau|
House of Montmorency
|Titles||Prince of Horne|
Prince of North Luxembourg
Earl of Wigtown
Lord of Glencoe and Lochaber (+ more)
|Founder||Philip de Montmorency, Count of Horne|
|Ethnicity||Luxembourgish, French/Dutch/German (Low Countries), British|
The House of Horne (Dutch: Huis van Horne), descended from the European House of Nassau and House of Montmorency, is the claimed ruling house of the Principality of Horne (County of Horne) with its baronies, and of the Earldom of Wigtown.
The dynasty was established as a notable ancestor of this house, Philip de Montmorency, Count of Horne, who was then part of the House of Montmorency, was executed on 5 June 1568. He died before his son, Christian I, was born in 1569. This resulted in de Montmorency not having heirs after his death. The House of Horne is made up of the descendants of Christian I.
Today, the House still holds it claim to the County of Horne under a new Principality. The house has one order of merit, the Order of the Silver Lion.
Although the House is not a mirconation itself, it still stays connected with some claimed micronations.
County of Horne
The County of Horne (also Horn) was a small historic county of the Holy Roman Empire in the present day Netherlands and Belgium. It takes its name from the village Horn. The residence of the counts of Horne was moved from Horn to Weert in the 15th century, and is now located in the United States and Canada.
After the execution in 1568 of Philip de Montmorency who died without male heirs, the Prince-Bishop of Liège, as suzerain of Horne, was declared the direct lord and new count. The bishops ruled the county in personal union. Horne maintained its own laws and customs as well as its financial autonomy. The county included the communes (now baronies) of Neer, Nunhem, Haelen, Buggenum, Roggel, Heythuysen, Horne, Beegden, Geystingen and Ophoven.
As of 1 August 2018, the House officially recognises Horne as a Principality with North Luxembourgish titles.
As of 1 August 2018, there is a total of 26 members of the House. The members are family of the Prince of Horne.
|House of Horne|
The Princely Court, fully the Princely Court of Horne, is the official designation of the organisation that supports the Princely Family. The organisation is structured like a company with Princess Barbara of Horne (regent) as the Chairwoman with eleven other members.
- Karno-Ruthenian Empire, since 30 January 2018.
- Kingdom of the Netherlands, since 22 May 2017.
- United Kingdom, since 6 September 2017 through Buckingham Palace and the Lordship of Glencoe and Lochaber.
- Kingdom of Belgium, since 21 September 2017 from the Palace of Brussels.
- Republic of Molossia, since 24 October 2017 through the Order of the Silver Lion.
- Kingdom of Ruritania, since 24 October 2017 through the Order of the Silver Lion.
- Republic of West Who, since 24 October 2017 through the Order of the Silver Lion.
- Grand Duchy of Westarctica, since 26 October 2017 through the Order of the Silver Lion.
- Kingdom of Denmark, since 17 August 2018 through Amalienborg Palace.