Micronational reactions to the 2021 Taliban offensive
of macronational events
|Royal deaths||Philip, Duke of Edinburgh|
|United States of America|
|Gubernatorial elections||California recall, 2021|
|Annexation of Crimea||2014|
|Chinese Uyghur internment||2017‑ongoing|
|Hong Kong protests||2019|
|George Floyd protests||2020|
|US Capitol Protests||2021|
|Fall of Kabul||2021|
Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, was captured by the Taliban, an Islamic fundamentalist organization, on 15 August 2021. It was the culmination of a military offensive that began in May 2021 against the Afghan government. The capture took place hours after President Ashraf Ghani fled the country. Most of the provincial capitals of Afghanistan had fallen one after the other in the midst of a U.S. troop withdrawal that was to be completed by 31 August. Negotiations are ongoing between a Taliban delegation and Afghan officials, although it appears unlikely that they will end in anything less than an unconditional surrender by the government. A peaceful transfer of power has been requested by the Taliban, and the government has declared its willingness to abide. However, the government has requested that power be transferred to a transitional government, while the Taliban desires a complete transfer of power. NATO forces maintain a presence in Kabul.
Support for the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Republic of Kunstatu - The blood used to take these cities were not only inhumane by the Taliban, but they were violent and illegal. A complete violation of human rights said the President of Kunstatu.
- Medopolanian Republic
- Kingdom of Pontunia
- Kingdom of Hilltop - The Kingdom of Hilltop has declared support for people resisting the Taliban and hopes for a non-Taliban government to be instituted.
- The Imperial States of Forestria - The Forestrian Empire has declared support for the people resisting the Taliban. The nation supports the oppressed people of Afghanistan to a peaceful republic.
- Confederation of Malus - The Confederation of Malus supports the Islamic Republic's efforts to combat the Taliban and recognizes their claim over the country. President L believes that the United States should leave Afghanistan and instead is in favor of either letting the two sides come to a natural conclusion or a UN force stabilizing the region.
- Democratic People's Republic of Clivestan - The DPR Clivestan supports the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and will not recognise the Taliban. The Democratic People's Republic of Clivestan gives its support to persons in the resistance against the Taliban.
- Republic of Istria - The Istrian Presidential Administration decided to support the Islamic Republic of Afganistran and will not recognise the Taliban or the UIFSA. The decision was made in the National Council of National Defance from 18 August 2021.
- Kingdom of Wellmoore
Support for the United Islamic Front for the Salvation of Afghanistan (Resistance II)
- Kingdom of Hilltop
- Democratic people's Reupublic of Clivestan
- Kingdom of Lavari
- Republica de Rhodesia-Yara
Support for the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (Taliban)
- Greater Islamic Sultanate of Recanesia
- Katarima - General secretary Alex Andrei address that the Syndicalist Republics would recognize the Taliban as a legitimate government and congratulate the Taliban for the victory over the imperialist Americans.
- Owen Bean said "Terrible, yet another failure out of many on the part of the US. I give my best wishes to the people of Afghanistan."
- Max of Hilltop personally endorses the Afghan monarchy
- Charles I of Austranthium stated that "The collapse of Kabul is Joe's [Joe Biden] fault, he did a poor job of getting everyone out".
- Most Serene Republic of Richensland - Richensland was shocked that it happened.
- Arstotzkan Union - Was shocked and saddened by it happening and the actions taken by civilians for evacuations. The Arstotzkan Union has pledged not to recognize in any capacity Islamic rule in Afghanistan
- Swena (not on behalf of Theodia) was strongly against the way the US pulled-out, and is against the Taliban. That said, he also was not a fan of the US-backed government in Afghanistan; it was horribly dysfunctional and only kept alive by American life-support.