Micronational reactions to the 2021 Taliban offensive
of macronational events
|United States of America|
|Presidential elections||2016 - 2020|
|Gubernatorial elections||California recall, 2021|
|Annexation of Crimea||2014|
|Chinese Uyghur internment||2017‑ongoing|
|Hong Kong protests||2019|
|George Floyd protests||2020|
|US Capitol Protests||2021|
|Fall of Kabul||2021|
|This article or section documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, was captured by the Taliban, an Islamic fundamentalist organization, on 15 August 2021. It was the culmination of a military offensive that began in May 2021 against the Afghan government. The capture took place hours after President Ashraf Ghani fled the country. Most of the provincial capitals of Afghanistan had fallen one after the other in the midst of a U.S. troop withdrawal that was to be completed by 31 August. Negotiations are ongoing between a Taliban delegation and Afghan officials, although it appears unlikely that they will end in anything less than an unconditional surrender by the government. A peaceful transfer of power has been requested by the Taliban, and the government has declared its willingness to abide. However, the government has requested that power be transferred to a transitional government, while the Taliban desires a complete transfer of power. NATO forces maintain a presence in Kabul.
Support for the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Medopolanian Republic
- Kingdom of Pontunia
- Kingdom of Hilltop - The Kingdom of Hilltop has declared support for people resisting the Taliban and hopes for a non-Taliban government to be instituted.
- The Imperial States of Forestria - The Forestrian Empire has declared support for the people resisting the Taliban. The nation supports the oppressed people of Afghanistan to a peaceful republic.
- Confederation of Malus - The Confederation of Malus supports the Islamic Republic's efforts to combat the Taliban and recognizes their claim over the country. President L believes that the United States should leave Afghanistan and instead is in favor of either letting the two sides come to a natural conclusion or a UN force stabilizing the region.
- Democratic People's Republic of Clivestan - The DPR Clivestan supports the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and will not recognise the Taliban. The Democratic People's Republic of Clivestan gives its support to persons in the resistance against the Taliban.
- Istrian Republic - The Istrian Presidential Administration decided to support the Islamic Republic of Afganistran and will not recognise the Taliban or the UIFSA. The decision was made in the National Council of National Defance from 18 August 2021.
Support for the United Islamic Front for the Salvation of Afghanistan (Resistance II)
Support for the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (Taliban)
- Owen Bean said "Terrible, yet another failure out of many on the part of the US. I give my best wishes to the people of Afghanistan."
- Max of Hilltop personally endorses the Afghan monarchy
- Aidyn Bratt stated that "The collapse of Kabul is Joe's fault, he did a poor job of getting everyone out".