Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Miles B Huff
|Macronat'l: Miles B Huff|
Micronat'l: swɛ na (Swena)
|Founder of Theodia|
|Miles at his apartment in 2018|
|Title||Founder of Theodia|
(2014 Jun 26 ‑ Present)
|Title||Quing of Theodia|
(2010 Apr 22 ‑ 2014 Jun 26)
|House||Huff (of Birdseye)|
Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana, USA
|Religion||Macronat'l: Secular Humanism|
Micronat'l: Unitarian Universalism
Ancestral: American Presbyterianism
Miles Bradley Huff, known as Swena within the micronational community, is the founder of the Technocratic Republic of Theodia and its previous monarch, and currently exercises limitless de jure power within the country. He has a user account on this wiki, which can be found here.
This article was current as of December 2018.
Miles's first and middle name come from a family naming tradition, whereby the middle name of the first-born son is the father's first name, and the first name is the grandfather's middle name. The pattern has continued unbroken since 1939, but the names in the pattern date back to 1868. The exact line, is "Eleven Right Huff" -> "Miles Huff" -> "Eleven Ledford Huff" -> "Jonathan Miles Huff" -> "Bradley John Huff" -> "Miles Bradley Huff". Miles will name his firstborn son "Jon Miles Huff", in-keeping with this tradition.
The surname "Huff" comes from the same "Huff" line as Aquilla Huff, founder of Huff Township in Indiana. However, Miles's branch of the Huff family is genetically unrelated to the rest of the Huff family, as Eleven R Huff was a bastard.
The English name "Miles" has dubious origins; but the most convenient, albeit not the most correct, etymology for that name in English, is the Latin word "mīles", which means "soldier". "Bradley" comes from an Old Norse name that was imported to Britain during the Viking conquest. "Huff", in Miles's case, is believed to come from Old English "hoh", meaning "hill", and to have come from near to Cheshire, England. Alternatively, Miles's "Huff" may come from "Hough".
Miles's legal name in Theodia, "Swena", is an early Theodianization of "Sweyn", the non-numerical portion of the username Miles used online at the time of Theodia's founding. Miles chose "Sweyn" as a username, because he was, in 2007, very interested in both his Scandinavian heritage and the Middle Ages, and he wanted a name he could one day use in the SCA.
Miles's lineage has been studied somewhat extensively, and he currently has no proven connection to macronational nobility. His direct male line breaks five generations back due to a non-paternity event. Genealogically, he is a mix between Scandinavians on his mother's side and the original European settlers of the USA (specifically southern Indiana) on his father's side, with no known non-Europid ancestors, although there is popular speculation that his hitherto-unknown purely paternal fourth-great-grandfather may have had Amerindian (Illini) admixture. He has not yet had a DNA test, so his "exact" ethnic makeup is unknown. Miles's pedigree has no known instances of collapse (inbreeding), despite stretching back several centuries.
On his paternal side, he has four ancestors who fought in the American Civil War, all for the Union; and he has several who fought in the American Revolution, all for the USA. He has no paternal ancestors who fought in the World Wars, but he does have several relatives who did so; they all fought for America, as well. Virtually all of his paternal ancestors were rural working-class, with some being extraordinarily poor; and to-date none have been found who owned slaves. He is the second generation on his paternal side to go to college, and the first in several centuries to not grow up on a farm or on the frontier. The vast majority of Miles's paternal lines fade into obscurity in North America, and this occurs to such an extent that his paternal ancestry is almost entirely "American"; but there are a few lines that can be traced back to the following regions in the Old World: England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, and the Netherlands. A few such lines are known to date back to the earliest European settlements on the Atlantic Seaboard, four centuries ago. The religion Miles inherited from his paternal forebears was American Presbyterianism.
His maternal ancestors were generally lower-middle-class, and primarily came from Norway; although some came from Sweden, Germany, and even Denmark. Nearly all of them immigrated in the 19th century and settled in the Dakotas and Minnesota. While Miles's maternal forbears were Lutheran, he did not inherit any aspects of their faith, apart from a Norwegian prayer occasionally said before supper.
|Ancestors of Miles B Huff|
|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
Miles's political beliefs are relatively unorthodox, and could be described as a part of the radical center. Miles is officially registered as an independent in his macronation, the USA; and does not feel well-represented by any serious party in that country. An incomplete list of Miles's political beliefs in the year 2018 can be found below:
- Governmental structure
- Cessation of political parties as a formal component of government.
- Single-winner elective systems should use (ternary) approval votes.
- General replacement of democracy with demarchy.
- Candidates should be technically skilled in the domains that their positions govern.
- Devolution schemes should prioritize the national and local levels.
- We should leverage digital automation to manage the economy, which should be primarily or completely online.
- Complete or partial gift economy for non-scarce resources.
- Reduction or elimination of artificial scarcity.
- Eventual transition to a robotic economy of abundance.
- Currencies should demure.
- The national currency should be spending-power-stable.
- Heavy restrictions on usury.
- Heavy restrictions on or complete elimination of fractional reserve banking.
- Reduction of highly risky speculative investment.
- All businesses should be cooperatives, not despotisms.
- Each business should always own more than 50% of its own stocks.
- All taxes should be considered incentivizing.
- Flat taxes.
- Requirement for the government to never spend more than it earns, except in highly limited situations.
- Relative autarky.
- The government guarantees you a job; but those who do not work, are not paid (guaranteed work, but no welfare).
- Free housing to keep people off the streets, but the housing should be extremely minimal, like the "coffin houses" of Hong Kong.
- Sustainable development.
- Ceased usage of resources that are, for practical purposes, non-renewable.
- Ceased usage of non-degradable materials in disposable products.
- Exclusive use of clean energy.
- Encouragement of GMOs.
- Completely eradicate disease-causing organisms, like many species of mosquito and tick.
- Humans are the most important species on Earth, and we should not restrict our inevitable expansion—but we should be graceful about it.
- Every inhabitable part of Earth should be inhabited by humankind. Unsettled land is fair-game for anyone.
- Switch to liquid salt thorium reactors from traditional uranium reactors, which aren't worth the security risk.
- A nation seeking to defend its sovereignty should develop a nuclear arsenal.
- Right to peaceably petition.
- Right to freedom of belief.
- Religious pluralism rather than secularism.
- Elimination of distinct gender-roles.
- Encouragement of race-mixing.
- Positive eugenics, especially in the form of modification / quality control of any conception requiring medical assistance.
- Abortion generally allowed when the aborted has not yet developed conscious thought.
- National breeding programs to create a sustainable population when the general populace will not do so naturally.
- The Internet should be a public utility, like electricity.
- Infrastructure should be prioritized.
- Destigmatization of vocational education.
- Your first degree should be paid for by the government, but only if it fits into a quota, which will be set per the demands of industry. You should still be allowed to pay for your own degree if you don't fit inside the quota.
- Free basic healthcare for citizens, but not for those who are unwilling to work.
- Eventual forgiveness of minor crimes.
- Rehabilitation instead of endless incarceration.
- Execution should be legal, albeit used only sparingly.
- As they come of age, all children in the country should have to pass a citizenship test to become a full-fledged citizen.
- “Democrats go left; Republicans go right; Progress goes forward.” ‒2010
- “Identity is strongest in diaspora.” ‒2014
- “Every people has struggled; every person has lost.” ‒2015
- “Fate exists only in hindsight.” ‒2015
- "Discontent breeds action; satisfaction breeds complacency." ‒2020
- Medal of Micronational Service from the House of Homestead (2017)
- Medal for attending MicroCon 2019 in Slabovia (2019)
- Medal from the Aerican Empire (2019)