Campus of Rankins Springs
|Campus of Rankins Springs|
|Established||5 March 2021|
|Area||0.003335 km2 (0.0 sq mi)|
The Campus of Rankins Springs is a campus of the New Eurabba of Urabba Parks Proprietary Limited having a municipal district covering Ward B of Carrathool Shire and including two sites, Urabba Street Reserve and Promachos.
Geography and environment
The Australian Bureau of Meteorology classifies Rankins Springs as Hot Dry Zone (with cooler winters) climatic zone of the Riverina bioregion, which is very hot in the summer months while in the winter, nights can be considerably cold with cool to mild days. Under the Köppen climate classification, the Riverina predominantly falls in the hot-summer Mediterranean climate (Csa) zone. Mean daily maximum temperatures in Rankins Springs range from 37 °C (98.6 °F) in January to 14 °C (57.2 °F) in June, with an annual rainfall of 452 millimetres.
Urabba Street Reserve is divided into 4 ranges. A range is a geographical division that functions in a similar manner to a postcode zone, and is not necessarily a jurisdictional or administrative division.
|UP1||Urabba Square (the "capital", located behind the Front)||Link|
|UP2||Front (facing Urabba Street)||Link|
|UP3||Middle (in between UP1 and UP2)||Link|
|UP4||Rear (facing the unnamed lane running parallel with Urabba Street)||Link|
The main street in Rankins Springs is Boomerang Street which is a section of the Mid-Western Highway running through the village.
Urabba Street is the namesake street for Urabba Parks, and intersects with Boomerang Street at St Kevin's Catholic Church, a site of the Parish of Weethalle of the Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn. The Urabbaparcensian border in UP2 range of Urabba is located at 4 Urabba Street, about 100 metres from the corner with Boomerang Street.
- "Hot Dry Zone (with cooler winter)". Bureau of Meteorology. Archived from the original on 3 February 2007. Retrieved 29 January 2007.
- Our Riverina Vineyards Calabria Family Wines 2019
- Riverina Region Riverina Winemakers Association. Retrieved 30 July 2022.
- Weather Almanac of Rankins Springs. Retrieved 29 July 2022.
- Bonzle profile on Rankins Springs. Retrieved 26 June 2022
- Rankins Springs Branch. NSWRail.net. Retrieved 24 August 2023.
- St Kevin's Catholic Church. Churches Australia. Retreived 18 September 2022.