Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
British Commonwealth of Micronations
The British Commonwealth of Micronations was established with the aim of becoming the micronational version of the Commonwealth of Nations. All members were required to recognise Queen Elizabeth II as Head of the Commonwealth.
1. The Heads of Government of the countries of the Commonwealth, reaffirm their confidence in the Commonwealth as a voluntary association of sovereign independent states.
2. Members of the Commonwealth include people of many different races and origins, encompass every state of economic development, and comprise a rich variety of cultures, traditions and institutions.
3. The special strength of the Commonwealth lies in the combination of the diversity of its members with their shared inheritance in language, culture and the rule of law. The Commonwealth way is to seek consensus through consultation and the sharing of experience.
4. Its members also share a commitment to certain fundamental principles.
- I. We believe that international peace and order is preferred;
- II. We believe in the liberty of the individual under the law, in equal rights for all citizens regardless of gender, race, colour, creed or political belief, and in the individual's inalienable right to participate by means of free and democratic political processes in framing the society in which he or she lives;
- III. We recognise racial prejudice and intolerance as a dangerous sickness and a threat to healthy development, and racial discrimination as an unmitigated evil;and
- IV. We oppose all forms of racial oppression, and we are committed to the principles of human dignity and equality.
| Active organisations: |
Grand Unified Micronational • Micronational Cartography Society • Antarctic Micronational Union • Holy League • International Agricultural Development Pact • Union Against Micronational War • Micronational Economic Group
| Non-English speaking organisations |
Micronational Monarchies Organization • Organización de Micronaciones Unidas • Association of Indonesian Micronations
| Inactive/extinct organisations: |
League of Secessionist States • League of Micronations • Fifth World Council • Lusophone Commonwealth • United Micronations • Grand Alliance • High Union of Nations • British Commonwealth of Micronations • Live Nations • European Micronational Culture Organisation • North American Micronational Culture Organization • Organisation of Active Micronations