List of diplomatic missions of Vishwamitra
This is a list of diplomatic missions of Vishwamitra. Vishwamitra has a large diplomatic network, reflecting its links in the world and particularly in specific geographic regions. There are also far-flung missions in the South America and the Pacific. The Ministry of External Affairs is responsible for maintaining a list of appointees as diplomats to sovereign nations. As of 28 September 2021, the state has fourty-two sovereign nations and consulates-general in several states and territories of the sovereign nations.
The Ambassadors and Consuls-General of the State of Vishwamitra are persons nominated by the Rashtradhyaksh of Vishwamitra, on the advice of the Minister of External Affairs to serve as diplomats of the State to individual sovereign nations of the world, to international organizations. Their appointments are signed by the Ministry of External Affairs and bear the great seal. Ambassadors and consuls general serve "at the pleasure of the Monarch", meaning they can be dismissed at any time. Appointments change regularly for various reasons, such as reassignment or retirement.
The history of establishing formal diplomatic missions date back with the recognition of all the United Nations member nations through a presidential order extended on 1 January 2017 by then Acting President Sarala Baishya on the advice of the Prime Minister Dhrubajyoti Roy. Vishwamitra informally maintained a de facto embassy and diplomatic mission to the Republic of India in Guwahati with the Head of State serving as the ex-officio Ambassador to the Republic of India.
With the transition into a monarchy in June 2020, the process of formally establishing diplomatic missions and appointing diplomats began in mid-August when four - Phillip Joseph Pillin, Gat Mahayap, Rey Jr. Mancio and Archie Birch were appointed to the Privy Council and assigned with the role of representing the Monarch of Vishwamitra on a global platform and serve as his envoys to their native locations. However, this did not lead to the formal establishment of the missions until Chandrachur Basu proposed the creation of the Vishwamitran Foreign Services (VFSs) or a network of diplomats and Casper Naverović proposed the idea of the establishment of the consulates-general.
The first diplomatic mission was established in the United Kingdom on 22 December 2020 with Ava Calero, 1st Baroness Calero of Lincolnshire being appointed as the first Ambassador and head of the diplomatic mission. The diplomatic mission in the United Kingdom was accompanied by missions being established in Bangladesh and Thailand on the same day. The most recent diplomatic mission was established on 28 September 2021 in the state of Vermont.
List of current missions
List of former missions
|Country||Region||Location||Type||Date opened||Date closed||Concurrent accredition|
|Bangladesh||Asia||Faridpur||Embassy||22 December 2020||25 February 2021|
|Damariscotta||Americas||Navanna (non-resident)||Embassy||16 May 2021||24 July 2021|
|France||Europe||Lannion||Embassy||29 December 2020||22 September 2021|
|Nepal||Asia||Rolpa||Embassy||29 December 2020||8 April 2021|
|South Korea||Asia||Seoul||Embassy||23 December 2020||22 September 2020|
|United States||Americas||Alabama||Consulate-General||5 February 2021||22 September 2021|
|Maine||Consulate-General||18 January 2021||25 February 2021|
|14 May 2021||24 July 2021|
|Virginia||Consulate-General||11 January 2021||22 September 2021|
- The Consulate-General in Perth was initially opened on 16 August 2021 but was closed on 22 September 2021 due to lack of diplomatic staff. However, the mission was re-opened for the second time on 22 October 2021.
- The Embassy in the Czech Republic was initially opened on 12 January 2021 but was closed on 22 September 2021 due to lack of diplomatic staff. However, the mission was re-opened for the second time on 26 September 2021.
- The Embassy in the Italian Republic was initially opened on 3 January 2021 but was closed on 22 September 2021 due to lack of diplomatic staff. However, the mission was re-opened for the second time on 3 October 2021.
- The Embassy in the Philippines was initially opened on 26 March 2021 but was closed on 8 April 2021. However, the mission was re-opened on 16 April 2021.
- The Consulate-General in Arizona was initially opened on 12 January 2021 and was closed on 22 September 2021. However, the mission was re-opened on 29 September 2021.
- The Consulate-General in Georgia was initially opened on 11 January 2021 and was closed on 5 May 2021 due to lack to staff. However, the mission was re-opened on 16 August 2021.
- The Consulate-General in Illinois was initially opened on 16 May 2021 and was closed on 22 September 2021. However, the mission was re-opened on 27 September 2021.
- The Consulate-General in Mississippi was initially opened on 25 April 2021 and was closed on 16 July 2021. However, the mission was re-opened on 2 August 2021.