Order of the Royal Family of Kamrupa
|The Most Esteemed |
Order of the Royal Family of Kamrupa
परम प्रतिष्ठित दर्ज़ह राजकुटुंभ कामरूप
Param Pratishthit Darjah Rajkutumbha Kamrupa
|Awarded by the Rajpramukh of Kamrupa|
|Established||22 March 2021|
|Eligibility||State and foreign royalties|
|Awarded for||extraordinary contributions towards friendship and services to the state.|
|Sovereign||HM Rajpramukh Anirban Phatowali|
|Grand Mistress||HRH Senior Princess Arnisha|
|First induction||22 March 2021|
|Last induction||2 November 2021|
|Next (higher)||None (highest)|
|Next (lower)||Premier and Exalted Order of Kamrupa|
Ribbon bar of the order
(Knight or Dame)
The Most Esteemed Order of the Royal Family of Kamrupa (Hindi: परम प्रतिष्ठित दर्ज़ह राजकुटुंभ कामरूप, Param Pratishthit Darjah Rajkutumbha Kamrupa) is the highest and sole dynastic order of the House of Phatowali, the reigning house of Kamrupa and the seniormost chivalric order of the state which was constituted on 22 March 2021 and is conferred by His Majesty the Rajpramukh of Kamrupa on distinguished royalties for their outstanding and meritorious contributions for the welfare of the State and Kamrupa. The order is exclusively reserved for royalties only and is conferred upon both state and foreign royalties.
The Rajpramukh of Kamrupa, currently Anirban Phatowali is the sovereign of the order in his capacity as the fons honorum of the state orders, decorations and medals of Kamrupa, while his elder sister and the Senior Princess of Kamrupa Princess Arnisha is the grand mistress of the order.
The Order of the Royal Family of Kamrupa ranks above the Premier and Exalted Order of Kamrupa which was the highest order of the state until the establishment of the royal family order.
Kamrupa was the first state to create its own honours system after the establishment of the Order of the State of Kamrupa which was created on 14 June 2020, only days after the proclamation of the monarchy. The honours system was expanded on 22 February 2021 with the creation of the Premier and Exalted Order of Kamrupa. However, the Rajpramukh of Kamrupa always felt the need for an exclusively reserved royal order which was also to act as the dynastic order of his royal house.
Therefore, at the advice of the Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy, he created the Order of the Royal Family of Kamrupa on 22 March 2021 which also became the highest state order of Kamrupa.
Grades, criteria, and insignia
The Order of the Royal Family of Kamrupa or Darjah Rajkutumbha Kamrupa is awarded in two member classes:
- Knight/Dame or Darjah Utama Rajkutumbha Kamrupa - D.K. I
- Member or Darjah Prathama Rajkutumbha Kamrupa - D.K. II
- The first class, Knight or Dame class is conferred on the Rajpramukh, their consort, the heir apparent, parents and siblings of the Rajpramukh and other senior members of the royal family, rulers of the other states of Vishwamitra, on foreign monarchs and their consorts. The order is conferred as a sign of respect and friendship with the Rajpramukh.
- The second class, Member class is conferred on the junior members of the royal family, members of the other royal families of Vishwamitra, foreign constituent monarchs as a sign of respect and fellowship with the Rajpramukh.
- The badge of the order is a eight-pointed star inspired from the now defunct Order of the Norwegian Lion. The centrepiece of the order is the state symbol of a rampant lion holding an axe in gold in a gold glittering background surrounded by a wreath. On its top is the crown of the Rajpramukh of Kamrupa.
- The riband of the two grades of the order have different insignias:
- Knight/Dame: a red coloured silk sash with a wide yellow band in the middle with two narrow bands in yellow on its each side. The sash is worn from the left shoulder to the right waist.
- Member: a red coloured silk sash with a wide white band in the middle with two narrow bands in white on its each side. The sash is worn from the left shoulder to the right waist.
Knight or Dame
- His Majesty Anirban Phatowali, Rajpramukh of Kamrupa (since 22 March 2021)
Knights/Dames (D.K. I)
- 22 March 2021: Princess Arnisha, Senior Princess of Kamrupa (Grand Mistress)
- 22 March 2021: Dhrubajyoti Roy, Rajpramukh of Purvanchal
- 22 March 2021: Tanishkaa Patranabish, Rajpramukh of Beltola
- 22 March 2021: Bishnu Chetry, Rajpramukh of Uttaranchal
- 22 March 2021: Prince Bhairav, Prince Father of Kamrupa
- 22 March 2021: Princess Runa, Princess Mother of Kamrupa
- 22 June 2021: King Abrams I of Ikonia
- 22 June 2021: King William I of Gradonia
- 22 June 2021: King Albert of Queensland
- 2 November 2021: Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia
Members (D.K. II)
- 22 March 2021: Anoushkaa Patranabish, Rajpramukh of Basistha (then Princess Anoushkaa of Beltola)
- 22 March 2021: Princess Sarala, Crown Princess of Purvanchal
- 2 November 2021: Gabriela, Princess of Klöw
- 2 November 2021: Princess Prianca of Purvanchal
- 2 November 2021: Gaurav Pandey
- 2 November 2021: Princess Juliana, Duchess of Beauclerk
- 2 November 2021: Princess Charlotte, Duchess of St. Andrews (later Queen)
- 7 October 2022: Oscar I, Emperor-King of Karnia-Ruthenia (D.K. I, appointed on 22 March 2021; relinquished)
- 7 October 2022: Marie Elisabeth, Empress Consort of Karnia-Ruthenia (D.K. I, appointed on 2 November 2021; relinquished)
- 9 October 2022: Queen Maria I of Sildavia (D.K. I, appointed on 22 March 2021; relinquished)
- 24 November 2022: King Arthur II of Ebenthal (D.K. I, appointed on 22 March 2021; revoked)