This article or section marked as work-in-progress, but further work is required. Please notify the user who first added this template.
Nicholas I, R
President of the Senate
Connor Stumperth, WAA
|Single Transferable Vote|
The Senate is the unicameral legislative body of the State of Pacem. It is comprised of Senators, of which are elected by the people every three months. The Senate can pass bills to establish laws in the state. These bills are granted assent by the Monarch to be passed into law.
The Senate of Pacem was initially founded in 2016, dating back to at least 30 May 2016. The first three members were Nicholas Kaos, Dylan Emborough, Ian Nolon, and Dale Edeker. At this time, the Senate was formally known as the Imperial Senate The Imperial Senate traditionally met on Google Hangouts with irregular sessions planned by the Emperor. Following the summer of 2016, the Imperial Senate went largely inactive and was essentially defunct due to Emborough, Nolon, and Edeker all leaving micronationalism by 2017.
In December 2018, with more effort being put towards Pacem during the meme-based revitalization, the Senate was officially reformed. This Senate would be made up of Nicholas Kaos, Nicholas Randouler, and Stephen Freayth. The 2nd Senate mostly passed "meme" bills, pertaining to the promotion of memes within Pacem. This Senate would too dissolve into inactivity, and would officially dissolve alongside the rest of the nation in the 2019 dissolution of Pacem.
The Senate is granted the following powers by the 2020 Constitution of Pacem:
- Veto decrees and military actions made by the Monarch
- Managing the budget
- Enacting taxes
- Managing international and interterritorial trade and commerce
- Imposing tariffs
- Managing corporate policy
- Minting and regulating the Imperil
- Citizenship and naturalization
- Internal regulation of the Senate
The Senate is also generally given powers outside of these, such as with food regulations.
The following are the parties represented in the 4th Senate. As there are currently three parties in the Senate, there is no majority party represented.
|Progressive Conservative Party of Pacem||PCPP||Progressive conservatism||Center-right||Liam Alexander|
1 / 3
1 / 3
|We Are Anarchy!||WAA||Confederalism
|Center-left to far-left||Chase Nanartowicz|
1 / 3
- Pacemian News Thread Post #68 Pacemian News Thread, MicroWiki Forums, retrieved 9 September 2020
- Pacemian News Thread Post #69 Pacemian News Thread, MicroWiki Forums, retrieved 9 September 2020
- Pacemian News Thread Post #67 Pacemian News Thread, MicroWiki Forums, retrieved 9 September 2020
- Kaos, Nicholas Pacem begins second-ever senatorial election Quo Times, retrieved 9 September 2020
- Kaos, Nicholas Dissoluition of Pacem Quo Times, retrieved 9 September 2020
- 2020 Constitution of Pacem, retrieved 10 September 2020