Universitatea din Montecapelone
|Latin: Uniuersitatis Montecapelonae|
|Motto||Mens Agi Tat Molem (Latin)|
Motto in English
|Established||12 September 2015|
Kaktov (only for the Faculty of Nuclear Engineering)
|Also known as||UMc; UniMont|
|Colors||Dark Green, Gold, White and Navy Blue|
The Montecapelone University (Romanian: Universitatea din Montecapelone, Italian: Università di Montecapelone), from the reform of Iordan Luca-Nicolae in early 2015, is the first and oldest University of the Istria, previously know as "St Andrew College".
The University of Montecapelone offers study programmes in Romanian,Italian and English and is classified as an advanced research and education university by the Ministry of Education.
The University of Montecapelone was founded on the 12th of September 2015 by the first ever executive order that was named "Executive Action of the Sitting President". This was a historic moment, the President signing the decree in front of a great crowd of schoolars and many professors that contributed to the decree makeing standing behind him.
The University started with a very small number of faculties: Faculty of Law, Faculy of Letters, Faculty of Philosophy and Faculty of Political Sciences.
The University of Montecapelone has 11 faculties, covering various fields such as natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, and theology:
- Faculty of Letters
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Human Sciences
- Faculty of Biology
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutics
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Political Sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Phisics
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Nuclear Engineering (with the headquater in Kaktov)
Academic and research units
- Department of Education Pedagogy
- Department of Medical Complex Research
- Department of Istrian Language
- Department of the National Institute of History "Saxon deu Vacaresti"
- Department of Litterature History and Istrian Writeing
The University also has a publishing house, different research institutes and research groups (such as the Institute of General Istrian Culture, Institute "Carl Martenzo" of Istrian History and Documentation, Institute of Istrian Arts and Complex Culture discoveries, Center of Nuclear Research etc.), master and doctorate programmes, and a number of lifelong learning facilities and programmes.
The University of Montecapelone has a number of buildings throughout Montecapelone and other cities, so in that respect it does not have a single campus. Its two main buildings are:
- The First Building, "Camara" Building, Housing the Faculty of Mathematics, Phylosohy, Letters, Chemistry, Biology, Political Sciences, Phisics and Law.
- The Second Building, "Bildum Skrata" Building, housing the Administration, and some of the research institutes.
Other faculties have their own buildings and research facilities, scattered throughout the city and also other cities, such as:
- The Institute of Istrian Arts and Complex Culture discoveries, Montecapelone
- Department of the National Institute of History "Saxon deu Vacaresti", Montecapelone
- The Center of Nuclear Research, Kaktov
- Institute "Carl Martenzo" of Istrian History and Documentation, Hamburg
- Faculty of Human Sciences, Catalider
- Faculty of Psychology, Catalider
The University of Montecapelone is a member of numberous organisation and institutes across the country:
- Institute of History "Saxon deu Vacaresti"
- Institute of Health Research "Il Cane"
- Institute of Prevention and Control
- Institute of Pneumology
- Institute of Neurology
- Institute of Embriology
- Institute of Chemistry SLSSE(Science Lab and Science School for Everyone)
- Institute of Nuclear Physics Kaktov
Main Article • Flag • Coat of Arms • Istrian Declaration of Independence • Awards and decorations • Hamburg • The Crown Jewels • Istrian Dinar • Kingdom of Istria
Law Enforcement, Defence, and Civil Defence