Progressive Party (Elysium)
|Deputy Chair||Adam Johnston|
|Legislative Leader||Adam Johnston|
|Executive Leader||Robert Smith|
|Deputy Legislative Leader||Spooky Johnston|
|Anthem||Working Men Unite|
|Founded||June 19th, 2020 Party has existed in earlier forms|
|Membership (2020)||▲ 30|
|Political position||Left-wing to far-left|
The Progressive Party is the ruling party of the Republic of Elysium alongside the Liberal party of Elysium, the two hold a majority in the Grand Senate as well as both of the two major executive positions. The party is an alliance of various ideologies, primarily social democrats, democratic socialist, and libertarian communism; with the common goal of making Elysium more left wing and protecting the rights of citizens.
The Progressive Party has existed in various forms throughout Elysiumite history, each one having similarities such as fighting for left wing ideals and corruption, as well as using the same symbolism.
Various Forms of the Party
The modern Progressive Party was founded on June 19 following the dissolution of the New Elysium Party, the Party was founded by (Then) Chancellor Adam Johnston, Speaker Spooky, and Senator Isaac. The party soon attracted other members leading to is becoming the largest party.
- July 2nd, the party becomes the first to come out as pro-republic
- July 3rd, Adam Johnston wins the party leader debate prior to the elections
- July 8th, the party passes reforms to make Elysium a republic.
- July 9th, now Chancellor Robert Smith joins the party and announces his re-elected plans.
- July 12th, leader of the Communist Party of Elysium defects to Progressive.
- July 18th, the Communist officially join the party completely; Progressives form a Grand Senate majority and win the Chancellorship.
Ideology & Politics
The Progressive Party defines itself as an alliance between various left wing ideologies with the goal of promoting political reform, the expansion of national industry, and protecting various rights of citizens.
6 Major Party Polices
The Progressive Party, generally follows six major policies, in all of its campaigns.
- Expansion of civil service programs and state industries.
- Creation of a green economy
- Expanding workers protections, rights, and work place democracy.
- Amending the constitution to promote non-partisanship (ie. making the people approve judges instead of politicians).
- Ending imperialist foreign policy, promotion of relations with geographically close nations.
- Developing the regions of Elysium
Internal Party Politics
The Progressive Party is led, as an organization, by the Chair and Deputy Chair who oversee the organization of the party. The Executive Leader and Legislative Leader are in practice the real face of the party. The Executive Leader is the parties candidate for Chancellor, whereas the Legislative Leader leads the party in the Grand Senate.
|April Senate elections||April 24, 2019||Senate majority formed||▲ 3|
|Second Chancellor election||June 9, 2019||Lost Chancellor bid||20%, ▲ 20|
|July Senate election||25 July, 2019||Hung senate, no faction formed a majority||▬|
|Fourth Chancellor election||date unknown||Tau Smith (LibPro) won Chancellorship||56%, ▲ 30|
|September 2019, Senate election||September 15, 2019||Democratic Traditionalist form a majority||▬|
|October 2019, Snap election||October 22, 2019||Reformist Patty forms a majority||▼ 2|
|Fifth Chancellor election||December 6, 2020||Kyle Smith (R) wins Chancellorship; Adam Johnston (P) comes in second||15.3% ▼ 4.7|
|January 2020, Senate election||January 16, 2020||Forms government with Reformist Party||▲ 3|
|2020 Chancellor election||July 18, 2020||Robert Smith (P) elected Chancellor||82.2% ▲ 66.9|
|July 2020 Senate elections||July 18, 2020||Majority government formed||▲ 12|
|October 2020, Senate elections||October 18, 2020||Majority government formed||▲ 4|