Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|This article refers to a nation which is defunct and no longer exists. You can help make the article reflect that or ask on the talk page for further information.|
| Federation of Tor Pendente |
Federazione di Tor Pendente
|Capital||Città di Tor Pendente|
|Area||Ranked 1st in St.Charlie|
|- Total|| ? sq mi |
|Admission to Federal Republic||August 25, 2009 (2nd)|
|Governor||Athlon Strauss (NPSC)|
The Federation of Tor Pendente (Italian: Federazione di Tor Pendente), also simply and commonly known as Tor Pendente, is a prairie province in St.Charlie, which has an area of 3,730 square metres. Tor Pendente is bounded by the Italian region of Emilia Romagna, locating itself inside the cities of Bologna and Parma. The federation was the first territory in Italy outside Rome that became part of the Federal Republic.
As of July 2011, the population of Tor Pendente was 13. Residents primarily live in the south-eastern half of the province as the borough of Puntarossa records only one registered inhabitant. The "old" federation was first inhabited in the first years of the 1990s, and officially became part of St.Charlie on August 25, 2009, together with Caroline Charlotte, and after declaring sovereignty on August 21; prior to that, it was mainly farmland. Later, on November 14, 2010, the federation was expanded with the creation of the 'Borough of Puntarossa, a group of flats located within the boundaries of the city of Parma.
Despite a high concentration of St.Charlian politicians, Tor Pendente's economy relies on its major agricultural industry, which gave it the nickname of the "countryside federation" (or federazione agricola).
Etymolology and CuriositiesTwo Towers, a group of medieval structures located within the old Bologna, and the Leaning tower of Molinella, another structure close to the region. The original flag, in use from August 2009 to July 2011 presented the coat-of-arms of Molinella, indicating the original location of the federation. When the flag was later changed on July 9, 2011, the usual colours of Bologna, red and blue, were kept.
Tor Pendente has a climate variously described by climatologists as humid temperate or continental, characteristic of Northern Italy's inland plains, with hot summers and cold, humid winters. Temperatures exceed 30 °C (86 °F) often from May to early September and heatwaves are very common during the summer. Because of the high rate of humidity, perception both of heat in summer and cold in winter are amplified. Due to humidity, fog is very common during late autumn and winter. Annual precipitation ranges from 700 millimetres to 800 millimetres concentrated usually in spring and autumn. Snowfall can occur from late November to April, but snow accumulation occurs mainly from December through February.
On November 14, 2010, Puntarossa became the first administrative division of Tor Pendente with only one registered inhabitant. Officially known as the Borough of Puntarossa (Italian: Borgo di Puntarossa), it claims two small flats in the city of Parma, about 100km far from the original federation.
Puntarossa is the smallest St.Charlian region in terms of density and population (excluding District's Owl Creek and Lakefort, which do not have a population), and has been the home of the headquarters of the National Party of St.Charlie even before its annexation into St.Charlie. The federation also hosts the National Archives.
- 2010 30th April-2nd May: The then-Prime Minister Alexander Reinhardt met the Federal President Lisa Cassidy, some members of the Ambassadorial Council, the then-Governor of Tor Pendente Valentina Marchesi and the then-Minister of Justice Nicolò Alvisi, but there were no possibilities to visit the Federation.
- 2010 15th-18th October: The then-Minister of Defense Leonard Von Sternberg and Prime Minister Reinhardt came to Bologna where they were initially invited for a state dinner with other politicians. The visit was then followed by the first official visit of Reinhardt to the territories of Tor Pendente, the first one of any Prime Minister.
List of Governors
- Valentina Marchesi, 1st Governor of Tor Pendente. 1st Nov 2009 - 30th Dec 2010
- Elizabeth Evans, 2nd Governor of Tor Pendente. 30th Dec 2010 - 10th Jan 2013
- Filippo Lanzarini, 3rd Governor of Tor Pendente. 10th Jan 2013 - 6th Jan 2014
- Athlon Strauss, 4th Governor of Tor Pendente. 6th Jan 2014 - Incumbent
Buildings in Tor Pendente