Order of Saint Constantine
|Order of Saint Constantine|
|Awarded by the Empire of Austenasia|
|Type||Philanthropic chivalric order with two ranks|
|Motto||In hoc signo vinces|
|Eligibility||Christians baptised in the name of the Trinity.|
|Sovereign||HIM Emperor Jonathan I|
|Grand Master||HIM Emperor Jonathan I|
|First induction||21 May 2016|
|Last induction||21 May 2021|
|Next (higher)||Glorious Order of St. John|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Bullmastiff|
The Order of Saint Constantine is an Austenasian philanthropic and chivalric order founded on 21 May 2016 and bestowed by the Monarch. It is unique amongst Austenasian orders of chivalry in that only baptised Christians are eligible for membership, and in that it functions also as a charitable organisation. Furthermore, unlike any other Austenasian knighthood, membership of the order does not entitle the knight or dame to any post-nominals, but does permit them to use the prefix of Sir or Dame.
The Order is comprised of Knights/Dames Imperial and of Knights/Dames proper, the former not being expected to participate fully in the charitable work of the Order and holding the title primarily as an honour. The charitable work of the Knights and Dames is overseen by the Grand Master of the Order, a position the holder of which is chosen by the Sovereign from amongst the Order's members. Since its foundation, Emperor Jonathan I has been both Sovereign and Grand Master of the Order.
From 8 June 2016 until 24 April 2017, the Order ran "Project Melania", collecting unsold goods given away for free at the end of large car boot sales and donating them to various charity shops raising funds for charities including Oxfam and Marie Curie cancer hospices. In total, 93 books, 70 CDs, 44 DVDs, and 19 items of bric-a-brac (ornaments, crockery, etc) were donated as a result of this project, which only came to an end due to the weekly car boot sale at which the items were collected ceasing to be held.
In 2017, 2018 and 2020, online charity fundraisers were held by the Order over the Christmas season, raising the following amounts:
- 2017: £70 for Hospices of Hope.
- 2018: £105.70 for UNICEF, in conjunction with the Grand Unified Micronational. A donation of £200 inspired by this second fundraiser was made to UNICEF by the Free and Independent Association of Venedia on 19 February 2019.
- 2020: £43 for the Covid-19 Healthcare Support Appeal (set up by the Royal College of Nursing to fund projects to support health and care workers in the UK).
- HIM Emperor Jonathan I: 21 May 2016 – present. Sovereign.
- HIH Crown Princess Caroline: 21/5/2016
- HIH Emperor Mother Margaret: 21/5/2016
- HIH Emperor Father Terry: 21/5/2016
- HIH Lord Admiral Joseph Kennedy, Duke of Bohemia: 21/5/2016
- HI&SH Princess Hannah: 21/5/2017
- HM Emperor Aggelos I: 21/5/2021
- HM Symbasilissa Aikaterini: 21/5/2021
- HM Symbasileus Stamatios: 21/5/2021
- HMFM Basileus Emmanuel I & II: 21/5/2021
- HM King Ciprian: 21/5/2016
- HM King Adam I: 21/5/2016
- Protopontiff Sir Sebastian Linden, IKA, KPP: 21/5/2016
- Sir Richard Hytholoday, OMS: 21/5/2016
- Johannes Andreassuun: 21/5/2016
- HSH Prince Dionisiy I: 21/5/2020
- Lord Charles Ross, Duke of Occidentia: 21/5/2020
- Lord Remus Peroni, Duke of Viennensis: 21/5/2020
- The Rt Hon. Sir Hugh McFarlane, KCA: 21/5/2020
- Thomas Marios Zavos: 21/5/2020
- Andrew I, Duke of Pontunia: 21/5/2021