Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Most Honourable Order of the Throne of Sandus
|The Most Honourable Order of the Throne of Sandus|
Emblem of the Order
Ribbons of the Order. Left to Right:, the Member Class, the Commander Class, and the Elder or Kchaia Class.
|In Patria Fides|
(English) Faith in Country
Motto of the Order
|Awarded by the State of Sandus|
|Type||State order with three ranks|
|Awarded for||"dedicated work towards the establishment of the Sandum State"|
|Established||27th August 2011|
|First awarded||22nd September 2011|
|Next (lower)||Honourable Order of Athena Pronoea|
The Most Honourable Order of the Throne of Sandus was established on the 27th of August 2011 by the Sôgmô of the State of Sandus Gaius Sörgel Publicola. It was created in order to replace the former system of decorations under the Barony of Kremlum Sandus and the Territory of Sandus (St.Charlie), which were discontinued less than a month before on the 30th of July 2011. The Sôgmô cited the fact that the decorations of the State had become unimportant and meaningless with the multitude of Orders, Medals and Ribbons when discontinuing the order decorations of the State.
With the foundation of the State of Sandus on 13 April 2011, the State adopted Kremlum Sandus' and the Territory's system of state decorations. However, with the adoption of Realist politics by the Office of the Sôgmô, it became clear that the decorations of the State were meaningless and not cared for by their recipients. On the 30th of July 2011, the Sôgmô then issued an edict to all recipients of state decorations, titled "Decree to Recipients 104007302011", in which the Sôgmô explained that "public display and expression of those awards is hereby intolerable, in concerns to a hopeful future Sandum system of awards," and that "private display, or the stating of the receiving of such awards, is tolerable."
A few days short of a month later, the Sôgmô then issued an edict for the creation of the Most Honourable Order of the Throne of Sandus on the 27th of August 2011.
The Edict establishes that the Sôgmô is the Sovereign of the Order of the Throne of Sandus and that the Order is granted according to merit and specific actions, not out of whim as the former decorations of Sandus were given. All authority for the Order is given under the Sovereign, following closely in the practice of the Founding Law of the State of Sandus, including the display of regalia and insignia of the Order. The Order is awarded at each solstice and equinox, as according to practice.
Ranks & Insignia
The Order is divided into three ranks with different criteria and insignia. The Sovereign is at the highest rank of the Order, the Elders or Kchaia, as the fount of honour for the State and is given the insignia of the Kchaia class and the post-nomial letters SOTS. One must advance through the ranks, meaning that all recipients must begin at the rank of Member and must not be given any extraordinary promotion to another rank.
The following ranks are as follows, in order of "merit and position within the order":
- The Kchaia Class is the highest rank of the Order. It is only able be bestowed upon five Sandum citizens, not including the Sôgmô or members of the royal family. As per the edict establishing the Order, Elders are granted the medal, star and sash of the Order, although no such sash has been made yet for the Sovereign. Elders receive the post-nomial letters of EOTS with the exception of the Sovereign, who receives SOTS. Although it is not written within the edict that established the Order, it is considered that Elders must uphold the honour of the Order or risk demotion by the Sovereign of the Order in favour of a more honourable candidate.
- The Commander Class is the middle rank of the Order and the highest rank for foreign recipients. Only two foreign recipients per foreign country may be bestowed the Commander rank in addition to an infinite amount of Sandum citizens. According to the edict, Commanders are given the medal and star of the Order and receive the post-nomial letters COTS. Following in the practice set up within the edict for the Kchaia class, foreign recipients may be demoted in favour of a more honourable recipient or candidate, though this is not a problem for Sandum citizens.
- The Member Class is the lowest rank of the Order. An infinite number of recipients, both Sandum citizens and foreign recipients, may be invested into the Member class. Members receive the medal of the Order and the post-nomial letters MOTS. The issue of maintaining honour is not an issue for the Members, unlike the Kchaia and the foreign recipients of the Commander class, due to the infinite number able to be awarded.
- Sôgmô Gaius Sörgel Publicola, Sovereign of the Order
- Adam von Friedeck, King of Überstadt and Sandum citizen
- Hatsu Ryuho, leader of Kumano and Sandum citizen
- Jacob Tierney, former Meritocrat of Renasia and Sandum citizen
- Dominic DeSaintes-Bellemare
- Jean Pierre Pichon
- Olivier Touzeau
- Sophia Albina
- Akhilkumar Indurti
- Alexander Reinhardt
- André Sammut
- Angelia Rees
- Carolyn Shelby
- Elisa Lopez
- Hatsu Ryuho
- James Thompson
- James von Puchow
- Kareem Penn
- Kevin Baugh
- Marka Mejakhansk
- Michel Vichat
- Niels Vermeersch
- Olivia-Eugenie Martinez
- Richard Cunningham
- Robert Lethler
- Sogoln yg Ysca
- Susan Pennington
- Taeglan Hill
- Thomas Harris
- Travis I, Grand Duke of Westarctica
- Vincent Merchadou
When first created, the Order was meant to be awarded whenever. However, some time had passed before the Order was first awarded on the 22nd of September 2011, the Autumn Equinox of that year. Since then, the Order has only been awarded on Solstices and Equinoxes, preceding the census that is conducted on the Solstices and Equinoxes as well, and the Order seemingly created this precedent.
The Order is also worn on major State holidays, such as on "le Jouro de Secessio", the anniversary of the foundation of the State, Remembrance Day, and Sandum Independence Day. The Sôgmô often wears his medal and star of the Order with a metal eagle, given to him by Alexander Reinhardt and known colloquially as "the Eagle of the Sôgmô" or "the Sovereign Eagle" after the Sandum symbol, sitting atop the the Medal for the 90th Anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution given by the CPRF.
- The title of the Sôgmô is known as The Honourable, but not as a result of the Order.