Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Declaration of Confederation
The Declaration of Confederation is the document that founded the Confederation of Awesome. It is set up in two sections, the first, establishing the Confederation’s independence, and the second, setting up a provisional government for the nation. The Declaration of Confederation was adopted on May 5, 2010.
Background and Drafting
After a few months of the loose union of Davetopia and Emiri, citizens of the Dual Monarchy desired governmental reform that would create a less autocratic nation. Both monarchs met in Davetopia on May 1, 2010- during this conference the details of the new government were debated. Each monarch drafted one part of the Declaration- Emilee Richards penned the sections on the nations independence, while Dave Gomez drafted the creation of the Confederation’s provisional government. On May 5, both Monarchs met in Province, which was at that point American territory, and gave imperial consent to the final resolution. The Declaration was released to the Awesomite public, and was largely well received by the countries population.
Summary of Articles
- Declares the Confederation's independence by illustrating that the country satisfies the requirements of a nation- it possess sovereign territory, a population, an effective government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other states.
- States the symbolic goals of the Confederation- independence, “mellowness,” and a free spirit.
- Establishes a government by a Congress of one representative from each province.
- Sets a Judicial branch of government based on fairness, and an ad-hoc and reasonable types of punishment rather than a penal system. Similar to the African system of Xeer.
- Outlines the foreign policy of the young country- that the Confederation will “start no fights or wars, but in the situation one is started the entire nation will fight to protect the nation and all it stands for.”
- Sets the national cuisine of milkshakes and “Pocky,” a Japanese snack food.
Effects on Current Politics
The provisional government set up in Section Two of the Declaration was succeeded by the Constitution of the Confederation, although none of the basic principles it outlines were abolished, except that Judicial power no longer rests in Confederation Congress, it rests in a High Court. The national cuisine set up in Article Four of Section Two is still considered as such. Section One on the other hand, is widely regarded as the Declaration of Independence is to Americans- as a symbolic statement of national sovereignty.
- http://micronationofawesome.wordpress.com- Full Text of the Declaration of Confederation
http://confedofawesome.webs.com- National Website
 National Email