Attempt to Create a Community Micronation (2021)
|Several citations in this article solely rely on impermanent messages from the messaging software Discord. Please find alternative citations that will both be accessible to the average viewer, and be in a more permanent format.|
The 2021 attempt to create a community micronation is an ongoing project to make a success of the Glorious Anthean Republic and situate it as the first community micronation, a micronation based on the existing culture of the MicroWiki community. The 2021 attempt started on 25 January, declared the Glorious Anthean Republic an independent state on 1 February, and now intends to hold an election on 5 February to create a Convention Parliament that will ratify the declaration of independence, hold a flag contest in February and early March, and then hold a general election on 5 March to elect a Parliament and National Council to take over from the planners and run Anthea moving forwards.
The 2021 attempt is a joint project of Ives Blackwood, David R. Easterling, Kunhee Lee, Kenneth Fydtroust, Konstantínos Hockenheim, Jan Šťastný, Isaiah David, Simon Reeve, Cristian Dobrev, Sertor Valentinus, Jayden Lycon, Liam Alexander, Otto Gillespie Birch, Daniel Hamilton, Zabëlle Skye, Mats Baumans, "Spenny", "joe biden 2024" and Isaac "Cadno" Richards.
This article contains profanity or other material which may be considered offensive.
On 25 January, Llewelyn Baker strongly criticised the idea on MicroWiki@Discord, arguing that a co-operative project would undermine micronationalism's core values of individualism and self-determination, and that no project should be based on the community because such a project would involve what he called "bad people", citing the Republic of Diversa and Hasan Türk as examples. Baker also said that "if you unironically support a community micronation / there's only one thing i can tell you / fuck you".
Blackwood has pointed out that, on the likely assumption that the project fails, 2020 will have been the only year that he has not started a YAMO.
L. Brienović has, on 3 March 2021, criticised Anthea for being "too democratic" and that its "not needed". Brienović has also pointed out the existence of a community micronation, Abelden, which he believes is "currently existing failed community project".
- potatia government (15 January 2021). Messages to #café-randouler in MicroWiki@Discord [Discord messages]. "isn't micronation self-determination?" and "how could you have self-determination if everyone bands together? it defeats the whole purpose"
- potatia government (15 January 2021). Messages to #café-randouler in MicroWiki@Discord [Discord messages]. "you do realise", "a community micronation", "would entail the community" and "including bad people??"
- potatia government (15 January 2021). Messages to #café-randouler in MicroWiki@Discord [Discord messages]. "e.g." and "diversa, hasan etc. etc."
- potatia government (15 January 2021). Messages to #café-randouler in MicroWiki@Discord [Discord messages] "if you unironically support a community micronation", "there's only one thing i can tell you", and "fuck you".
- Anthea - provisional name — the Discord server for the project