Kingdom of Atiera
| Kingdom of Atiera |
Victoria, pax et patria (Latin: Victory, peace and homeland)
|Barrie, Ontario |
|Capital city||Alexandra Hill|
|Official language(s)||English, French|
|- King||King Munroe I|
|- Prime Minister||Isaiah Burdette|
|- Upper House||House of Commons|
|- Type||- Unicameral|
|- Number of seats||- 7|
|Established||30 May 2020|
|Currency||Canadian Dollar (de facto)|
|Internet TLD||.at (proposed)|
The Kingdom of Atiera, more commonly known as Atiera, is a micronation primarily located in Barrie, Ontario with territories in Hamilton, Ontario, Caledonia, Ontario and Michigan, founded and ruled by Liam Alexander, the current King of Atiera. It was founded on 30 May 2020 at what is now Alexandra Hill, formerly an unnamed hill in a nearby forest by the King's residence. It is a semi-constitutional monarchy, meaning the monarchy holds some power within the legislature.
History and eras
The Kingdom of Atiera was founded on 30 May 2020 by Liam Alexander, now King of Atiera. It was founded at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic to keep Munroe occupied during the days most of Canada had to stay at home. At its founding, the nation was known as the Empire of Atiera. The nation's claims were established roughly 2 days later when Munroe went to a nearby forest and surveyed the land, claiming a piece with a sign reading “Claimed by the Empire of Atiera.”
Before 27 June 2020, Munroe had failed at all his previous attempts to begin a government for the Empire. On the same day, he announced that he would be holding elections to appoint the Prime Minister, head of government of the former Senate. Zachary Yetman, the first local citizen, had announced he would be running for Prime Minister of Atiera. Alongside Yetman, an individual by the pseudonym of Rona Ambrose announced they would also be running for Prime Minister. Later in the week, Zachary Yetman was appointed Prime Minister of Atiera. Alongside, Munroe had established the position of Empress of Atiera, where Rona Ambrose was appointed as the first empress. The empress was granted the same powers as the emperor, including the right to remove politicians from office, which Ambrose exercised when she removed Yetman from his position as Prime Minister and exiled him from the land. An individual by the name of Bob Jopy was appointed the caretaker Prime Minister of Atiera. To this day, Zachary Yetman is still exiled from the Kingdom of Atiera.
On the 10th of August 2020, it was announced that the Empire of Atiera would be transitioning to the Kingdom of Atiera. The Empire still informally stands as the Atieran Empire (also known as the Atieran Commonwealth), comprised of the Kingdom of Atiera and her colonies and dependencies.
On 26 November 2020, the Kingdom of Galte, located in Michigan, led by Prince Michael of Galte, was admitted into the Kingdom of Atiera's commonwealth and is now a colony known as the Principality of Galte. On 5 December 2020, it was decided that the constitution of Atiera would be rewritten. This was a major milestone for Atiera and the Miller administration. The constitution was finished on 14 January 2021.. Later, the constitution was amended to fix several issues on 17 April 2021. The amendment was authored by the Prince of Galte and speaker of the House of Commons, Michael Shepard.
Politics and government
Today, Munroe I is the reigning King of Atiera, and Isaiah Burdette is the current Prime Minister of Atiera. He is in charge of the government of Atiera and appoints the Cabinet of Atiera to his own liking, as long as it is approved by the Monarch.
The Parliament of Atiera consists of one branch, known as the House of Commons. The House of Commons is currently the only legislative body of Atiera and serves the entire commonwealth, however, colonies may be allowed to create and run a local legislature.
There are currently three political parties in the nation, the Atieran Moderate Coalition, the Atieran People's Union (APU), and the Atieran National Front (ANF). The ANF has dominated the political scene for most of its existence  as all of the prime ministers have been affiliated with the ANF. Previously, the Atieran People's Union existed alongside the ANF, but the party ceased to exist on 21 February 2021 after failing to submit a charter to the government per the Party formalization Act. The APU has since been reconstituted as of 7 June 2021 with the adoption of a new charter.
The Atieran Moderate Coalition was founded on 31 May 2021 by James Bornstein and was approved on 1 June 2021 following the submission of a charter.
|Name||Ideology||Political compass||Chairperson||Membership||Seats in Parliament|
|Atieran Moderate Coalition||Moderatism, royalism, diplomatic expansionism||Big tent||James Bornstein||2|
|Atieran People's Union||Socialism, democratic socialism, broad leftism||Left||William Cooper||4|
|Atieran National Front||Royalism, classical secessionism||Big tent||Isaiah Burdette||9|
- People's Republic of Adonia
- Unified Royal States of Australis
- Desert District
- Kingdom of Oskonia
- Revalian Kingdom
- State of Vishwamitra
Intermicronational organisation participation
|Cupertino Alliance||Full Member ||7 July 2020|
|Union Against Micronational War||Full Membership||28 September 2020|
|League of Independent Nations|
|Alexandra Hill||0.000316sq km||3||30 May 2020||Member of Parliament
Rt. Hon. Isaiah Burdette
The Honorable Tucker Gladden
|Brayton Plains||1.77sq km||0||3 January 2021||Members of Parliament
HSH Prince Michael I
HSH Prince Hamilton
|Haliburton||1.52sq km||2||Members of Parliament
Hon. William Cooper
Hon. Jan Muñoz
|Hamilton||0.000549sq km||2||Members of Parliament
Hon. David Augustus
Hon. Eovnia Pual
|Vue sur la Rivière||0.000645||0||14 May 2021||Members of Parliament
|Gaia||0.000855sq km||0||Members of Parliament
|Principality of Galte||0.958sq km||4||8 December 2019||Members of Parliament
HSH Prince Michael I
The Atieran Defense force is Atiera's national combined armed forces. It is responsible for the security of the homeland and may be deployed to a foreign nation if needed. It was established on 26 June 2020. It currently consists of the Atieran Royal Navy and the Atieran Royal Army. The Army has not participated in any real conflict but often engages in training exercises.
|Climate data for Atiera|
|Average high °C (°F)||-2.9
|Average low °C (°F)||-12.4
|Average Precipitation mm (inches)||16.6
|Source: Weather Atlas|
Culture and media
Atiera is home to many sports within its culture. The official sport, badminton, is played by the King and his friends.
Atiera is also home to the Atiera Cycling Federation, composed of 4 riders who compete in virtual races on the fitness app Strava. Liam Alexander competed in the UCIM World Cup 2020, and scored 2 silver medals for the team.
The national dish of Atiera is apple pie, as it is a traditional dish on many major holidays.
|January 1||New Year’s Day||Celebrating the new year of the Gregorian Calendar.|
|Various||Mother’s Day||Celebrating moms for providing for their children, and family.|
|Various||Easter||Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus.|
|Various||Good Friday||Commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary.|
|May 30||Atiera Day||Celebrating the founding of the nation.|
|Various||Father’s Day||Celebrating dads for their hard work in providing for their families.|
|October 31||Halloween||People may go Trick or Treating on Halloween|
|November 11||Armistice Day||A day to commemorate and remember all who served during any major conflict worldwide|
|December 24||Christmas Eve||Day before Christmas.|
|December 25||Christmas Day||Celebrating the birth of Jesus.|
|December 31||New Year’s Eve||The day before New Year’s Day.|
- Kingdom of Atiera (30 May 2021) "Glory Be -The Atieran National Anthem". Kingdom of Atiera YouTube Channel. Retreived 10 June 2021
- Alexander, Liam "Atieran claims" Google My Maps. Retrieved 9 June 2021
- Shepard, Michael "Galtean claims" Google My Maps. Retrieved 9 June 2021
- Alexander, Liam (26 November 2020) Galte Bill. Retrieved 11 June 2021
- Alexander, Liam (14 January 2021) "A new Constitution, and a new Parliament" "The Atieran Advance". Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Shepard, Michael (17 January 2021) "The Atieran Constitution is amended" "The Atieran Advance". Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Alexander, Liam (24 January 2021) "Party Formalization Act" 1 Munroe c. 4. Retrieved 9 June 2021
- Cooper, William and Pickles, Benjamin (7 June 2021) "APU Charter" Google Docs. Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Governments of Atiera and Adonia (14 April 2021) "Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the Kingdom of Atiera and the People's Republic of Adonia. Retrieved 8 June 2021"
- Governments of Atiera and Australis (1 January 2021) "Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the Kingdom of Atiera and the Unified Royal States of Australis. Retrieved 8 June 2021"
- Governments of Atiera and Desert District (22 May 2021) "Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the Kingdom of Atiera and Desert District. Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Governments of Atiera and Oskonia (2 June 2021) "Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the Kingdom of Atiera and the Kingdom of Oskonia". Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Governments of Atiera and Revalia (18 April 2021) "Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the Kingdom of Atiera and the Revalian Kingdom". Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Governments of Atiera and Vishwamitra (19 November 2021) "Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the Kingdom of Atiera and the State of Vishwamitra". Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Lycon, Jayden (5 March 2020) "Form 28" "Ministry of Membership Attainment". Retrived 8 June 2021
- Alexander, Liam (15 October 2021) "LIN withdrawl" Retrieved 9 June 2021
- Alexander, Liam (6 June 2021) "Merit Board Decree VII" MBD-VII. Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Alexander, Liam (3 January 2021) "Territorial Naming Bill". Retrieved 8 June 2021
- Alexander, Liam (29 May 2021) "Military exercise in Brayton Plains concluded" "The Atieran Advance". Retrieved 8 June 2021
- "December weather forecast and climate Barrie, Canada". Weather Atlas. Retrieved 25 April 2021.
- "UCIM - Members" UCIM. Retrieved 9 June 2021