Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Red April Revolution (Uskor)
|Red April Revolution|
|Part of Communist insurrection and revolution|
Claire Nymoria as part of the Tyrshavn communist forces occupying the former royal palace
|Communist Forces||Royalist Forces|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Communist Revolutionaries||Moderate Party|
The Red April Revolution, also known as the Great Socialist Revolution of April 2016', was a Communist political revolution and coup d'etat in Uskor. Claire Nymoria and Dylan Grönsson led the coup, in order to abolish the Uskorian monarchy and institute a socialist government. Some have criticised the revolution, speculating that the League of Communists does not intend to instate a democratic republic, but a single-party socialist state.
All times are in AEST:
- 10-11PM: Communists seize Tyrshavn and Nya Kronstadt.
- 11PM: Charlotte Lindström renounces her royal titles and joins the revolution.
- 9AM 13 April: All royal and noble titles and offices are abolished by the Council of State.
- 18 June: Moderate Party of Uskor's electoral status is revoked.
- 1-8 July: Elections are held to the People's Assembly of Uskor with the League of Communists winning all seats.
The Red April revolution had gained its own cult of personality, with Uskorian leaders praising it and holding it to be a important event in Uskor's history, in a similar vain to the Red October Revolution was in the Soviet Union.
The speculation of a single party state has emerged as real possibility after the post revolution electoral commission disestablished all opposition parties.