People's Assembly (Uskor)
|People's Assembly of Uskor |
|President||Sophie Korolev, League of Communists|
|Political groups||Communists (4)|
|Voting system||Electoral List|
|Last election||January 2017|
|Palace of the People|
The People's Assembly of Uskor (Swedish: Folkting), is the unicameral legislative body of the Uskor which consists of elected members who represent a constituency from within Uskor and are elected by list.
The current members are:
Each term lasts six months.
The People's Assembly of Uskor has full legislative powers within the context of those provided to it by Uskor's constitution.
According the the constitution, the Assembly enjoys the following powers:
- adopts laws, resolutions and other general acts;
- Decides to amend the Constitution with a majority of all its deputies
- Announces referenda in accordance with the law;
- Oversees the work of the Government and other public institutions that report to the Assembly in accordance with the Constitution and the law;
- Oversees foreign and security policies;
- Decides in regard to general interest issues as set forth by law.