Mercian Parliament House
|House of Parliament of Kingdoms and Lands Represented in the Council of the Diarchal Crowns of the Disciples (Mercia)|
Currently in Session
14th ministry of Mercia
|Date formed||24 April 2020|
|People and organizations|
|Head of government||Duke Henry Clémens|
|Head of state||His Lordship Karl I|
|Status in legislature||Majority|
|Legislature term(s)||24 April 2020 - present|
|Previous||Executor-Viceroy Eden II|
The Mercian Parliament House, or alternatively, the Union Parliament House is the primary legislature of the Kingdoms and Lands Represented in the Council of the Diarchal Crowns of the Disciples, also known as Mercia. The Mercian Parliament House votes on motions that will affect the people of Mercia, which then require the Lord Temporal's ratification to come into law. The House is formed out of elected nobles from both the Region of Clyro and the Archduchy of Loringia.
The Parliament House
The Mercian Parliament House is elected from the nobility from both Clyro and Loringia, so that both administrative regions will be represented in the House meetings. The nobility (referred to as 'Members of Parliament' or 'MPs' when inside the Parliament) put forward and vote on motions going through the Mercian Parliament House, are appointed into the Mercian Parliament Cabinet, and represent the Diarchal Crowns when abroad.
The Parliament Cabinet
The Mercian Parliament Cabinet is comprised of nobles of the Mercian Parliament House, as appointed by the First, to run the administrative regions alongside him or her. The term of the Mercian Parliament Cabinet is 4 months. The positions of the Cabinet (with their incumbents) are as follows:
- First Minister: Incumbent - Palatine-Viceroy von Uberquie
- It is the duty of the First Minister to call the Mercian Parliament to session in the absence of the Lord Temporal. The First Minister is the individual who declares a law passed or failed, and will subsequently present it to the Lord Temporal for ratification. It is also the duty of the First Minister to keep the Parliament House in order, removing Ministers from the premises for no more than 24 hours before returning them if they are overwhelmingly immature or disobeying conduct. With consent from the Lord Temporal and the Lord Spiritual, the First Minister may remove a Minister from the Parliament House for longer than 24 hours.
- Deputy First Minister: Incumbent - Patrician-Viceroy Twain
- It is the duty of the Deputy First Minister to hold the duties of the First Minister in his absence, and play a direct role in organising the cabinet on behalf of the First Minister, as well as be direct involved in cabinet portfolios, ensuring they have completed to a high degree of quality. The Deputy First Minister is also automatically appointed First Minister in the event of illness, extended absence or inability to carry out the duties of the office of First Minister.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Incumbent - Lord Karl Friedrich von Ravensburg
- The cabinet member representing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Media Relations must represent Mercian national interests, including the interests of both the Lords of Mercia and the Mercian Parliament House, abroad and overseas, to all nations that the Mercian state comes into contact with.
- Minister of the Internal Affairs & Defence: Incumbent - Count Belcher
- The Cabinet member representing the Ministry of Internal Affairs & Defence must organise, legislate and liaise with the Clyran Constabulary Office and any other organisations related to it, including deciding rankings, titles and hierarchies within the Office.The representative member must also organise, legislate and liaise with the Clyran Defence Office and the Aerospace Office of Clyro and any other organisations related to them, including deciding rankings, titles and hierarchies, and also ensuring that Mercian armed forces are not used in offensive capacities without the blessing of the Lords of Mercia.
- Minister of Culture, Sport & Media Relations: Incumbent - Baroness Langford
- The cabinet member representing the Ministry of Culture & Sport must defend and expand upon the existing Mercian cultures, including both the national culture and the subcultures that exist in the Archduchy of Loringia, the Region of Clyro, and in the Mercian Concessions, Colonies, Crown lands and Condominiums. The representative member must also facilitate and represent state-sponsored sporting events within the Kingdoms & Lands Represented in the Council of the Diarchal Crowns of the Disciples, and must also liaise with state-owned and privately-owned media companies run by Mercian citizens for domestic and international use on behalf of the Mercian government.
- Minister of Finance, Charity & Commerce: Incumbent - Baron Whyatt
- The cabinet member representing the Ministry of Charity & Commerce is responsible for the maintenance of a healthy, altruistic ethic in Mercian government and society. The representative member must also be the ultimate arbiter of Mercian economic policy, regulation and company law after the Lords of Mercia and the First Minister. The cabinet member representing the Ministry of Finance is responsible for management of the Mercian Banking Sector, liasoning with the Micronational Economic Group and fostering industry and the coporate sector in Mercia.
- Minister of Education: Incumbent - Executor-Viceroy Eden
- The Cabinet Member representing the Ministry of Education is charged with running the Education Gorsedh, and is solely responsible for the creation and implementation of educational resources for Mercia.
- Synod Representative: Incumbent - His Lordship Richard I
- It is the duty of the Synod Representative to relay all decisions by the Synod of the Mercian Christian Church that could potentially affect the political standing of the nation to the Mercian Parliament, where the decisions will be accommodated or condemned respectively.
An archive of the previous Mercian Parliament Cabinets can be found here