Micronational Association of Southeast Asia
|This article or section contains information which is outdated. You can help MicroWiki by updating it.|
|Micronational Association of Southeast Asia|
|Official languages||English, Indonesian, Malay and Tagalog|
|Membership||10 member nations|
|Secretary General||Mart Ian Siapno (3 October 2016 – Present)|
|Foundation||1 April 2013|
Micronational Association of Southeast Asia, abbreviated as MASA, is a intermicronational organisation that serves to enrich ties between micronations located in Southeast Asia, particularly member states of the macronational Association of Southeast Asian Nations. It aims to establish cooperation, promoting micronationalism, and to maintain peace among Southeast Asian micronations. It is the only legitimate intermicronational organization in the region.
In April 2013, finding inspiration in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, Indonesian micronations of the Association of Indonesian Micronations (AIM) began discussing the possibility of establishing a larger micronational organisation, either with expanding the bounds of AIM and accept micronations located outside Indonesia, or to establish a new organisation. Soon, a proposal to create a new organisation binding Southeast Asian micronations emerged.
On the same month, micronations located in Southeast Asia outside Indonesia were invited to join the discussions concerning about the proposed new organisation. And in June 2013, a charter of establishment of MASA was created and ratified by the first member states, thus creating the foundation of the organisation.
Since its establishment, MASA has accepted 10 nations to be its member states, with most already defunct by January 2017.
- State of Bascal (Permanent Member - Veto Power) (defunct)
- Federal State of Indokistan (Permanent Member - Veto Power) (defunct)
- Republic of Kaleido (Permanent Member - Veto Power)
- Federal Republic of Los Bay Petros (Permanent Member - Veto Power) (defunct)
- Democratic Republic of Sunda Raya
- Republic of Arkapore
- Sultanate of Al Rasyid Darussalam (defunct)
- United Democratic Republic of Excellent
- Rajahnate of Namayan (defunct)
- Federal Monarch of Omahkulon (defunct)
- Federal Republic of Kidonia