Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
State of Ariana
|This article refers to a micronation which is defunct and no longer exists. You can help make the article reflect that or ask on the talk page for further information.|
|This article is being considered for speedy deletion by a user in accordance with MicroWiki's deletion policy. Please discuss its proposed deletion on the talk page.|
Bansang Ariana (Ariana State)
|Largest city||Area 1 (in terms of population)|
|Government||non-partisan, direct democracy (21st century state)|
|Established||10 June 2010 (unofficial), 12 June 2010 (official)|
|Area claimed||22,075+3,070 m² (loose claim, excluded, amounts to 3,270+3,470 m²)|
(36 real, 22 nominal)
The Free and Respected State of Ariana (Original Filipino name: ᜋᜎᜌ ᜀᜆ᜔ ᜄᜒ ᜈᜄᜎᜅ᜔ ᜈ ᜁᜐ᜔'ᜆ ᜅ᜔ ᜀᜇᜒ'ᜌᜈ Malaya at Ginagalang na Estado ng Ariana) was an organization usually labelled as micronation. Founded on 10 June 2010, the official declaration of establishment was conveyed on 12 June. By the time of its establishment, it covered an area of more than two hundred square meters, with a population of 13. Incidentally, the name Ariana is a former term applied by Greeks to the area known as Persia.
As of August 17, 2011, Ariana claims a total of 25,145 square meters under direct sovereignty, 3,270 square meters under semi-direct sovereignty, and 3,470 square meters under loose sovereignty. Many citizens, including those in the state government, maintain that Ariana is a new country project or model state, since its ideals and principles are futuristic. By pledging not to declare a micronational war, Ariana is also member of the Union Against Micronational War.
Any person from any race and religion can be a citizen. As of August 17, 2011, Ariana had 36 real citizens and 21 nominal citizens. The system of citizenship has made two types of citizens, real and nominal. Real citizens are active people who can both vote and run for state government position. Nominal citizens are either active or inactive people who can only vote and run for local government position. Nominal citizenship can also be granted by the Chairperson Extraordinary or Chairperson Ordinary to people they saw doing exceptional work either inside or outside Ariana. Residents within Ariana's territorial claim may become nominal citizens, especially since it is by decree that real citizens can bring family, friends, etc, as nominal citizens, but this status they can easily revoke.
The Ariana government is based on both historical and futuristic ideas. The closest type of government is that of Switzerland. In Spanish-ruled Manila, the city government set up there was different from any other city in the islands because Manila was to elect two mayors (locally known as alcaldes). This came about the concept of power sharing for Ariana. Power sharing, though, had been degraded in many democratic nations that use parliamentary or presidential government. In parliamentary countries, the Prime Minister holds more power than the President or reigning monarch, while in presidential countries, the President holds more power than the Vice President (Noting that the Prime Minister and Vice President posts are the same in political rank). Some monarchies have diarchs - two monarchs reigning at the same time. Ever since the Roman Empire, this has been done by monarchial governments to avert conflict or worse, usurpation of power (One example would be the joint rule of Emperor Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus in the early 160s). The problem of power sharing had not yet been solved.
To offer an alternative solution to the concept of power sharing, Ariana government has two heads.
First CPO election
- Ariana general election, January 2011
- Ariana general election, May 2011
- Ariana general election, July 2011
The legislative power shall be vested in every real and voting citizen of the State of Ariana, except to the extent reserved to all citizens by the provision of initiative and referendum. Any proposal that shall be put forward by any real citizen would require at least 25% of the approval vote of the latest total real citizen count, which included the author and/or co-author (if any), within a period of seven days before being passed for execution. In the event any one proposal shall not be approved for execution, forced approval for execution can be done by the real citizens. This shall require at least 50% of the approval vote of the latest total real citizen count, which included the author and/or co-author, within a period of seven days.
Ariana had already made its own flag, coat of arms, and anthem. However, other cultural necessities, such as the national animal, must be carefully deliberated so as not to send bad signals about the state. The government had released a stamp by 8 July to commemorate Ariana's first month.
Ariana also had some national holidays to date:
- 13 May - Intrencherado Day
- 2 June - Novales Day
- 10 June - Flag Day
- 12 June - Independence Day (or Establishment Day)
- 19 June - Rizal birth anniversary (special and unofficial)
- 24 June - Founding of Manila as a Spanish city (special and unofficial)
- 7 July - Founding of Katipunan (special and unofficial)
- 22 July - Mabini birth anniversary (special and unofficial)
- 24 to 31 July - Disaster Readiness and Awareness Week
- 23 to 30 August - National Stand against External Aggression
- 29 September - Constitution Day
- 30 November - Bonifacio birth anniversary (special and unofficial)
- 21 December - Defense Day
In accordance to CPE Decree 7, the State of Ariana conferred honorifics to the following citizens:
- Star Citizen Star citizens are the first three citizens of Ariana, which are now represented by the three stars in the Ariana coat of arms.
- Silver Citizen The Silver citizen is the 25th to enlist as an Ariana citizen.
- Gold Citizen The Gold Citizen is the 50th to enlist as an Ariana citizen.
In accordance to CPE Decree 9, the State of Ariana conferred the military accolade, Order of Novales, to three citizens.
The state was reclassified against the regarded classification of micronations on 10 December 2010. Ariana was last classified 12 July, the first month of the state.
- Boodlesmythe-Tallini System: 5th world, with the best at 5th world (last revision: 5th world)
- Linden's Revised System: 4.0, One of the most significant micronations (last revision: 2.8)
- Dresner's System: 3.8, a very average micronation, they exist en masse, no need to ignore them (last revision: 2.4)
- David's Micronational Potential Index: 4.4, equivalent to a 5-month old micronation that is almost ready to stop using the system (last revision: 3.8)
- Matthew's Democracy System: 3.0, fair democracy that needs improvement (last revision: 3.0)
Ariana was one of the few micronations that have been classified against the renowned Democracy Index compiled by the Economist. Ariana was last classified 11 June 2011.
- Electoral process and pluralism (12 indicators) - 8.30
- Functioning of government (14 indicators) - 7.50
- Political participation (9 indicators) - 7.78
- Democratic political culture (8 indicators) - 9.38
- Civil liberties (17 indicators) - 8.24
Overall rating - 8.24 (Regional average, 2012 - 5.56)