Imperial Grand Duchy of Slavstria
|This article refers to a nation which is currently in a state of inactivity. You can help make the article reflect that or ask on the talk page for further information.|
| Imperial Grand Duchy of Slavstria |
Iмпipiялїцaя Beлїкaя Дyчыя Cлaвcтpiї(Slv)
"Пo выcкa нa cлaвaём Cлaвcтpiём"
(As is life in glorious Slavstria)
|Wauwatosa WI, United States |
|Official language(s)||Slavstrian, English, Nampendian|
(Scientology, however, is banned)
|- Grand Dukes||Matthew Manning and Brady Stratton|
|Legislature||Slavstrian National Assembly|
|- Type||- Unicameral|
|- Number of seats||- 3|
|- Last election||- May 14, 2014|
|Established||March 10, 2014|
|Area claimed||~21.32 km|
|Time zone||(UTC -6:00)|
|National sport||Weed Whacking|
|National animal||Grizzly bear|
Government Website (coming soon)
Slavstria, officially the Imperial Grand Duchy of Slavstria (Slavstrian: Iмпipiялїцaя Beлїкaя Дyчыя Cлaвcтpiї; Impiriyalyitsa Vyelyikaya Duchyya Slavstriyi [IPA:impirɪjalʲɪt͡sajə vʲɪlʲikajə dut͡ɕɨjə slavstrijɪ]) is a self-proclaimed independent sovereign nation-state that is commonly referred to as a micronation. It was founded on March 10, 2014 by Tsar Matthew Manning and is located within southeastern Wisconsin in the United States. Slavstria is surrounded by the United States. The Autonomous Autocracy of Nampendia is located within Slavstria and functions as a semi-independant political and slightly less serious entity within the Slavstrian government.
Slavstria's name comes from the Russian words slava meaning "glorious" and strana meaning "country".
Slavstria was founded on March 10, 2014 by the signing of the Slavstrian Declaration of Independence from the United States by Tsar Matthew I and then Premier Griffin Knuth.
On April 20, 2014 the Slavstrian government declared a week long period of martial law in the country in response to the rise of fascism on Adolf Hitler's birthday.
After a parliamentary hearing on the 1st of May 2014, it was announced that Slavstria would be getting a full written constitution.
The constitution was overturned by Kaizer Brady Stratton on the first day of his becoming Kaizer.
May Civil Unrest and the Slavstrian Civil War
On May 23, 2014, Tsar Matthew met with Fuhrer Brady Stratton of Nampendia to discuss the new constitution of Slavstria. After the meeting, shots (nerf darts) were fired towards Fuhrer Stratton by an unknown party. The Tsar's Personal Defense Force returned fire and the suspect was caught and taken in for questioning with no further details on the suspect released afterwards. When Fuhrer Stratton returned to Nampendia, Nampendian officials had concluded that the would be assassin was really sent by the Slavstrian government (hence the lack of information after the suspect was taken into custody) in an attempt to get rid of Fuhrer Stratton and annex Nampendia and pull it under full Slavstrian control. The Slavstrian Directorate of Internal Affairs responded, stating "The suspect turned out to be the Tsar's neighbor's son who decided to take fire at the entourage for no real reason. He was released within seconds of being taken into custody." Nampendian officials, however, still insisted that Slavstria had set up the attempt. With the building of tension, the Directorate of Defense decided to lower the DEFCON level from 4 to 3.
On May 30, 2014, the Nampendian military launched an attack on the city of Svlyedavsk the capital city of Slavstria. The Slavstrian Armed Forces suffered an embarrassing defeat due to poorly made Slavstrian weapons and Tsar Matthew was forced to abandon the city with what was left of the military. Fuhrer Brady Stratton then took power and renamed the country the Kaizerdom of Bradystan. The remnants of the Slavstrian Armed Forces and the ex Tsar were believed to be somewhere within the borders of what is now Bradystan. On June 5, 2014, Kaizer Stratton reported to his military to be on guard as Slavstrian agents had likely been laying in wait for the right moment to strike. Bradystanian officials then arrested several suspected Slavstrian sympathizers and interrogated them however all of them denied any involvement with any Slavstrian resistance and were let free.
The Grand Dukes
Slavstria is ruled by two Grand Dukes who hold a very clear majority of the power in the nation.
- The Directorate of Admission
- The Directorate of Civil Services
- The Directorate of Culture and Language
- The Directorate of Defense
- The Directorate of Economics
- The Directorate of Environmental Protection
- The Directorate of Foreign Affairs
- The Directorate of Internal Affairs
- The Directorate of Justice
- The Directorate of Press
- The Directorate of Science and Research
Slavstrian National Assembly
There are currently three political parties within Slavstria, they are as follows:
Law and order
The Directorate of Justice oversees the courts within the nation and the official judicial system is still being worked out.
The Directorate of Internal Affairs manages the police force and co-manages, along with the Directorate of Defense and Directorate of Admission, the Slavstrian Military Police which preform gendarmerie, provost, and border guard duties.
Slvatria officially stepped into the world of foreign affairs on 2 May 2014 when it managed to reach a mutual recognition agreement with the Unironic Empire. Slavstria is now recognized by two other nations and is currently discussing an alliance with Marland
Recognized Nations; no relations
- All member states of the United Nations
- Ashukov Federation
- Empire of Austenasia
- Republic of Molossia
- Principality of Sealand
- Federal Republic of St. Charlie
- Kingdom of Überstadt
- Kingdom of Vikesland
- Commonwealth of Zealandia
Recognized Nations; open relations
Mutual Recognition Only
- Marland (Alliance is unofficial)
Recognized Disputed Territories
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Donetsk People's Republic (Self-proclaimed state by Pro-russian right-wing extremist in Ukraine)
- Kingdom of Talossa
Migration and Citizenship
Immigration and admission into Slavstria is monitored by the Directorate of Admission unlike in most nations in which the task is given to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Slavstria considers itself to have some of the strictest migration laws of any micronation. However, due to the restrictions in terms of funds and manpower, only the most important policies are enforced. In order to gain entry, a person must have:
- a valid Passport from any recognized nation (No entry is allowed for citizens of unrecognized nations, no exceptions)
- a Migration Permit issued by the Ministry of Admission
- an Asylum Ticket if the person is seeking asylum within Slavstria (An Asylum Ticket won't be accepted if the entrant if they are wanted by allied nations. M.o.A. policy states that their entry papers be confiscated and they be detained and sent back to their current place of residence.)
Slavstria citizens only require a valid Passport to be allowed back into the country.
- The entrant's name
- The entrant's nationality
- The entrant's Passport ID
- The purpose of visit
- The duration of stay (Maximum number of days depends on the purpose of visit)
- The entrant's sponsor (Hotel, Government official, Business, Family, etc.)
- The date the entrant is to enter on
- The date the entrant is to exit by
Some general rules regarding migration:
- If any information shared by both the Passport and Migration Permit does not match, entry is denied. It is recommended to check over all papers before attempting to enter the country.
- The entrant can only enter on the day that their Migration Permit is valid for. Entry will not be allowed before or after printed date.
- The entrant must leave by the printed "Exit By" date on their Migration Permit. If they do not exit by that date, then they will have to stay within the country until their sponsor can confirm their departure.
- It is recommended to keep both one's Passport and Migration Permit on their person at all times in public as the Slavstrian Military Police can preform ID checks on foreign visitors at anytime without cause.
The Slavstrian Military is separated into four branches under the Directorate of Defense, the Slavstrian Ground Forces, the Slavstrian Navy, the Slavstrian Air Force, and the Slavstrian Aerospace Defense Force. The Office of the Grand Dukes also oversees the Grand Dukes' Personal Defense Division which is, obviously, tasked with the duty of protecting both of the Grand Dukes. All citizens are expected to join the military at the age of 14 and to serve for as long as possible.
While there still is no official service rifle or much of an armory, the military spending is expected to increase in order to secure several airsoft weapons and tactical gear (all within the boundaries of macronational law).
Geography and climate
Being located in southeastern Wisconsin, Slavstria generally experiences very distinct seasons with very snowy and cold winters to very warm summers. The Slavstrian Weather Agency is tasked with recording weather data and keeps a continuos record.
Slavstria currently does not produce any exports however an official currency is being designed by the government which will be called the Slavstrian Ruble.
The Slavstrian language is based on the Slavic Languages of the Indo-European family borrowing a lot of vocabulary while the grammar can deviate from the Slavic Languages quite a bit.
Slavstria currently doesn't operate any form of media. However, a government website should be complete soon.