Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Princely Guard (Montescano)
|Active||2019 - present|
|Country||Principality of Montescano|
|Motto||Aut princeps aut nihil|
Either Prince or nothing
|Capitaine-Général||HSH Sovereign Prince Dionisiy I|
The Princely Guard is responsible for both military tasks and law enforcement. It consists of two regiments, I Regiment Prince’s Company of Riflemen Guards, acting as standing military of the Principality, and the II Regiment Princely Maréchaussée, acting as gendarmerie and handling all police duties. There are currently 5 members of the Princely Guard.
The army is under civilian control, with the Sovereign Prince as Commander-in-Chief. The professional head of the army is the Chief of Staff, who answers to the Sovereign Prince and holds the rank of Général.
Prince’s Company of Riflemen Guards
The Prince’s Company of Riflemen Guards was founded on 1 August 2019. It is led by a Colonel, the post of which is currently unfilled. As per law the tasks of the Prince's Company of Riflemen Guards are:
- To protect and secure:
- HSH the Sovereign Prince, his Consort, the Heir to the Throne and the Princely Family,
- the Territory of the Principality,
- Objects of significant importance,
- Individuals of significant importance
- Ceremonial:To hold parades for members of the Princely Family
- War on terror: To protect - both internally and externally - subjects of HSH the Sovereign Prince against terrorist organizations.
- Defense of the Airspace of the Principality
Up to date the Prince’s Company of Riflemen Guards has not seen action yet.
The Princely Maréchaussée acts as (Military) Police and Gendarmerie. It is led by Colonel, the post of which is currently unfilled. As per law the tasks of the Princely Maréchaussée are:
- ensuring public safety and order;
- protection of rights, freedoms and obligations, as well as the interests of society and the state;
- combating crime;
- providing services, within the limits specified by law, to persons who, for personal, economic, social or emergency situations, require such assistance;
- Border guard
|NATO equiv. code||OF-10||OF-9||OF-8||OF-7||OF-6||OF-5||OF-4||OF-3||OF-2||OF-1||OF(D)||Student officer|
|No equivalent||No equivalent||No equivalent||No equivalent||No equivalent|
NCOs and Enlisted
|NATO equiv. Code||OR-9||OR-8||OR-7||OR-6||OR-5||OR-4||OR-3||OR-2||OR-1|
Formation and structure
|Contains||1-2 Battalions||1-4 Companies||1-4 Platoons||1-2 Sections||1-4 Individuals|
|Personnel||Up to 256||Up to 128||Up to 32||Up to 8||Up to 4|