|MicroProject Principality of New Eiffel
|Zed was a good article, but it was removed from the list as it no longer met the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. If you can improve it, please do; it may then be renominated.
Review: February 1, 2024. ( ).
...you were born in November?
Guy's who's Joe? joe dad haha very funny
Hosamia is one of the most mentioned micronation on Discord? Interesting! Suburashii! How did my micronation became mentioned so often?--The Weeb
Does it really need an infobox?
It is down to criteria:
I have had many positions throughout my time, but of course my most notable is Prince of New Eiffel. Arguably, you could say that is all the infobox should have. My former ministry positions are less relevant, and my positions on MicroWiki or MicroWiki@Discord are not really notable enough to be there instead of another micronation position; but, the problem is how does one pick. My most powerful positions? What would that be? CA Judge? GUM Secretary? Or my most famous positions? Arguably, my most powerful position (at a local level at least) and most notable position has always been Prince of New Eiffel.
Despite that, almost all information in the infobox is irrelevant to most readers, aside from one exception: birthdate.
- "Birth name" is irrelevant since it is already listed at the top of the infobox;
- Macronational citizenship: Not important to most people or even relevant to a micronational article, neither is nationality
- Political party: I no longer have one, let alone a micronational party affiliation.
- Relations: Again, none of my family is notable, since none of which are micronationalists anymore, and they are listed anyways later in the article
- Residence: I would rather people not know where I live
- Religion: I do not see this as relevant to most people
- Award: Listed later on the page anyways
Infoboxes are good for summarising information that is all over the article, or even everything past the first sentence, however everything not mentioned above is in the first sentence;
- Occupation, profession and "known for": The first line literally says "Zed, also known by other names, is retired a UK-born South African micronationalist politician, journalist, filmmaker, statistician and MicroWiki administrator, who was the first Prince of the Principality of New Eiffel from 11 August 2018 until his abdication on 20 June 2020;" everything is there.
- Nicknames; also at the very first sentence
So, you may ask, why not just keep it anyways but remove the unnecessary information? Well, than we would be left with very few things - a name, image, birthdate, and my time as Prince of New Eiffel. This renders the infobox almost useless, obviously my name is the title of the article, and my birthdate and best known role as Prince is at the lead section. If we had an infobox like this, it would be very small and not give any further or useful information (and no, I fail to see how adding back 'religion' or 'family' would suddenly make it more relevant). MicroWiki is an encyclopædia, with standards and policies, and the infobox will hold little relevance other than perhaps "convenience" which is not exactly a policy we have. If you want a convenient infobox you should go to Biography.com instead of MicroWiki. Readers will automatically be drawn to the lead section with everything regardless, or at least get a hint from the contents box. The infobox is unnecessary, short and would look odd. However, I argue a portrait is needed (of course that is not in the lead section's text!), as is a signature since it is key item for recognition and identification, and holds relevance.
Now, you could argue someone really dedicated or interested would want to know say my religion or nationality. But I argue that if anyone is that interested they would probably read the article or skim through it at least to notice it.
Feel free to respond with your two cents, and correct me of any mistakes. If you actually feel like knowing my family or nationality is important to general readers, than of course it can stay. ★ ♥︎ Zed 。 ～ (talk | edits | full) 18:29, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
"Retired" and out of date
I talked to Zabëlle Skye (or smith) they said this article is majorily out of date and also I hired them today as the Vice President of Averna. --Elizabeth Snowie Langley (talk) 22:45, 11 September 2022 (UTC)
Protected edit request on 11 September 2022
Lua error in Module:Protected_edit_request/active at line 299: Unknown protection level extendedconfirmededit. I talked to them they go by a different name now and the page is out of date and Also I hired them so their no longer retired Love, Elizabeth Snowie Langley (talk) 22:50, 11 September 2022 (UTC)