Prime Minister of Samana Cay
The Prime Minister is elected to a five-year term. The Prime Minister cannot run for a second term whether it is consecutive or not. The Prime Minister must be a member of the National Council at the time of his/her election. To win the election, a candidate must receive a simple majority of votes. If no candidate receives this amount, the National Council votes on the winner. A simple majority is needed here too.
- Chief advisor to the National Council
- Head of all defense forces
- Chief diplomat
- Establish a temporary or special committee
- Appoints High Court justices for National Council approval
- Chairs National Council sessions
- Appoints High Court Chief Justice
- Can send a failed bill back to the National Council for revote
Prime Minister List
|Name||Years in Office||Notes|
First Prime Minister. Previously Head Commander.
Caribbean Republic of Samana Cay