National Council of Samana Cay
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The National Council of Samana Cay is the chief lawmaking body of the Caribbean Republic of Samana Cay.
A candidate must have lived in the district of candidacy for at least two years. Plana Cays District gets one representative nominated by the Prime Minister and approved by the High Court The top two candidates from the main districts win the seats. Councilmen/councilwomen are elected to a three-year term with the possibility of being re-elected once, whether consecutive or not.
- Debate, create, and vote on laws
- Approve High Court nominations
- Vote on citizen applications
- Approve diplomatic treaties and trade agreements
- Can be the final decision in a Prime Minister election
- Choose an election officials company and governs it
Current National Council Members
|Samana Cay||Joseph Wilson||2010–present|
|Colonel Hill||Grace O'Leary||2010–present|
|South||To be decided|
|To be decided|
|Plana Cays||To be decided|