Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|His Royal Highness, Hans Kungliga Höghet|
Anders of Latitudia
|King of Latitudia, Grand Duke of Björkebo,|
Most Honorable Chairman of the High Council,
Keeper of the Royal Rum Barrel, Founder of Latitudia
|Reign||21 August 2006 - present|
|Coronation||21 August 2006|
of the High Council
|In office||7 October 2013 - present|
|Reign||17 November 2015 - present|
|Predecessor||Grand Duchy established|
|In office||11 January 2016 - 18 September 2016|
Anders Saltborn RSKP, SKPBC, KHC, GCRL, LGM is a Latitudian royalty and statesman. He founded Latitudia in 2006, inspired by watching the BBC series How to Start Your Own Country, however he had since long admired micronational projects like Ladonia, Sealand and similar secessionist movements. Politically Saltborn has always been very keen on personal freedom, and to minimalize the government's involvement and interference with the individual, as well as seeing the importance of a social structure within a society. His political opinions clearly reflects in today's politics of Latitudia as well as his other micro- and macronational political involvements.
Born Anders Erik Saltborn 1975 in Gothenburg, Sweden, he grew up mostly in what today is called the Duchy of Northern Mill Valley, while he spent many happy summers near today's Friedenheim. Saltborn has spent many of his years outside Sweden, living and working in several macronations, the most notable period being seven years in the Netherlands. He has many hobbies and interests, amongst others the appreciation and collection of he noble spirit rum, the outdoors GPS sport geocaching, photography and especially to depict graffiti and other streetart, to be a diligent prepper, and to enjoy gardening. Saltborn is outside his Latitudian citizenship also a proud citizen of Paravia, Ladonia, Free State of Northern Medelpad, and Nolland.
In the autumn of 2015, he was appointed the Paravian Ambassador to Sweden. When granted his Whestcorean citizenship, he was appointed State Mememaster-General of the Whestcorean state of Japanitania, which Saltborn later proclaimed a shogunate. Early 2016 he declared the independence of the political and historically significant People's Republic of Northern Medelpad on behalf of its since long oppressed residents and became their first president (later Free State of Northern Medelpad). The lovely Empire of Austenasia appointed him their Ambassador to Sweden, he was given the title Marquis of Paravia and became a citizen of Nolland.
Titles and honours
- King of the Royal Republic of Latitudia, 21 August 2006
- Most Honorable Chairman of the High Council, 7 October 2013
- Grand Duke of Björkebo, 17 November 2015
- Paravian Ambassador to Sweden, 18 November 2015
- Austenasian Ambassador to Sweden, 13 January 2016
- Marquis of Paravia, 16 February 2016
Former foreign titles
- Whestcorean Ambassador to Sweden, 23 December 2015 - 20 June 2016
- Shogun of Japanitania, 23 December 2015 - 20 June 2016
- President of People's Republic of Northern Medelpad, 11 January 2016 - 18 September 2016
- Royal Supreme Knight Protector of the Latitudian Grand Order of Excellence (RSKP), 17 November 2015
- Supreme Knight Protector of the Order of the Black Cross (SKPBC), 17 November 2015
- Knight of the Royal Order of the High Council (KHC), 17 November 2015
- Grand Commander of the Order of the Rampant Lion (GCRL), 25 December 2015
- Lieutenant of the Most Gracious Order of the Marquis (LGM), 16 January 2016
Formally; HRH Anders (of Latitudia). Informally; Anders Saltborn is widely used. For any non-Latitudian or non-royal assignments, full name is often used possibly prefixed with another title, for example His Excellency Anders Saltborn as a foreign Ambassador.
His Royal Highness Anders of Latitudia, King of Latitudia, Grand Duke of Björkebo, Most Honorable Chairman of the High Council of Latitudia, Keeper of the Royal Rum Barrel, Founder of Latitudia, Marquis of Paravia, Ambassador to Sweden for Paravia and Austenasia, Royal Supreme Knight Protector of the Latitudian Grand Order of Excellence, Supreme Knight Protector of the Order of the Black Cross, Knight of the Royal Order of the Latitudian High Council, Grand Commander of the Order of the Rampant Lion, Lieutenant of the Most Gracious Order of the Marquis.