|Regulated by||Zålandienska Språketinstitutiet (Institute for the Zealandian Language)|
The Zealandian language (Det Zålandienska Språket) is a national language of Zealandia and is based upon the Latin alphabet and consists of the following 30 letters:
A B D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Z Ð Å Ø Þ Æ
a b d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x z ð å ø þ æ
The Zealandian Language is regulated by the Zealandian Language Commission which is a sub part of the Ministry for Culture.
Zealandian has many pronunciations that differ from German, English, Swedish, Norwegian and Icelandic. Aa through to Zz are pronounced the same as they are in English.
- Ð is pronounced like the th in “the” (IPA: /ð/)
- Å is pronounced like or in “boar” (IPA: /ɔː/)
- Ø is pronounced exactly as it is in Danish and Norwegian (IPA:/ ø/)
- ß is pronounced like the ss in “grass” (IPA:/s/)
- Þ is pronounced like the th in “Thing” (IPA:/ θ/)
- Æ is pronounced like the air in “hair” (IPA:/ æ/)
How are you?: Hår mar du?
You are an idiot: Du ær donur
- Zålandien ær et Sozilisk landet. (Zealandia is a Socialist country).
- Republiken Islands ær et Nordisk landet. (The Republic of Iceland is a Nordic nation).