Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Progressive Revolution Theory
The term Socialist Fundamentalism is used to refer to a political, social and economic spectrum of ideas and systems that make up a significant part of the Rennie-Gaffneyist political ideology. Widely agreed to be the foundation upon which Rennie-Gaffneyism is built, Socialist Fundamentalism was a concept first pioneered in the Democratic People's Republic of Bzan and present in all subsequent Rennie-Gaffneyist states. Although the exact nature of the idea has changed over time, it remains largely the same in different micronations.
According to Gaffney and Rennie, it is not enough for a society to strive to be Socialist at a political and economic level. Instead, a society must be established as being fundamentally Socialist - only by outlying certain inviolable fundamentals of society can Socialism truly be achieved within a State. Socialist Fundamentalism also dictates the basic principles of any Socialist socio-economic system from the perspective of the ideology's creators, establishing what Rennie-Gaffneyists consider to be absolutely inviolable Human and Civil rights. These basic principles are known as the Socialist Fundamentals of Society. These fundamentals can be defined as such:
- Political Fundamentals: The Communist Party, Socialist Party or other designated proletarian vanguard must be given the power to protect the Socialist nature of society. It is imperative that the Vanguard be given the necessary tools and the power to prevent counter-revolutionary reform without harming the rights of the People.
- Individual Fundamentals: Everyone is garaunteed the right to free State housing, free State healthcare, free State education at all levels, free State social services, financial assistance in the event of genuine inability to work and the right to absolute Human equality
- State Fundamentals: The State must have the power to prevent counter-revolution. Additionally, the State must have the power to seize private property (on the condition that the State will make immediate use of it in a manner that benefits the People and/or the Proletariat), to redistribute finances (including the right to seize financial assets of individuals), to seize profits from private industry and redistribute them and to ban private organisations outright on a case-by-case basis.
- Environmental Fundamentals: It is the duty of the State to protect the environment in the interests of the People.
- Educational Fundamentals: It is absolutely imperative that private schooling on an institutional basis be absolutely forbidden. Children must be educated by the State or by their parents, on the condition that local State powers carefully monitor the education of all home-schooled children to garauntee their education is in line with the State ciriculum.
- Industrial Fundamentals: All private industry must be strictly monitored and controlled. The State must carefully monitor the financial status of all private industries and corporations. The State must also have the power to create burdens of taxation upon certain sectors, industries or individual corporations as necessary to protect the interests of the proletariat. Local business should not be considered a significant threat to the People provided it benefits the community. As such, valid local businesses should enjoy State protection against larger industries.