Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Shepherds of the Nation
|Shepherds of the Nation|
|Leader||King Penda II|
|Slogan||Keep it Clean|
|Anthem||Shepherds of the Nation|
|Founded||14th Second Yule 2262 (3rd January 2012)|
|Headquarters||York, West Germania|
|Ideology||• National conservatism|
• Religious fundamentalism
Shepherds of the Nation is a right-wing political party in the Saxon Empire, active in the Kingdom of West Germania. It is run by the King and the current Chancellor Countess Godiva, another notable meber being Duke Sighere Samuel of the Duchy of Stonland (formerly, as the Duchy left the Empire). Its programme is authoritarian, enforcing the discipline of citizens, opposing liberalism vehemently and calling for restrictions on immigration as well as cultural assimilation. The sect's key aims are the restoration of religion and traditional family values.
Despite its hardline stance, the party preaches a message of love over hate, and of reconciliation as is found in the Gospels and, though focussing on the merit of personal responsibility, it supports social welfare and equal opportunities.
We are the new centurians, Shepherds of the Nation. We'll keep on our guard for sin and degradation.— From Party Anthem "Keep it Clean"
- Reaffirmation of the State's importance. Acknowledging that people require and respond to discipline and that by having an authoritarian state, people will ultimately have better lives. The population is to be granted liberty except in matters that would be detrimental to others or to the State, or that are otherwise blasphemous. Freedom of speech may be suppressed if it renounces the State.
- Nationalism and strong cultural identity. The party is ideologically reactionary, placing high value on the customs, attitudes and values of the ancient Germanic peoples, especially the Anglo-Saxons and the Norsemen. National pride is the first step towards the goal of coherent identity and monoculturalism.
- Racial and sexual equality. While emphasising Germanic pride, this is a cultural matter and not a racially defined one (Nazi ideas about race and anti-semitism are condemned and any veneration of Hitler or his associates shall be penalised). All races are equal as are men and women, who should have the same opportunities and pay, etc. However, it is also crucial that women are not men, that the two genders are distinct and that the woman, despite having the right to a career, still has a role in the household. Men should not use their position to repress women.
- Militarism and decisive discipline. Essentially, the party is peace-loving, but advocates strong action and Strife against evil. Actions that defy international laws and human rights may sometimes be acceptable. People who are hateful or behave in an unfit manner (especially chavs) shall be dealt with decisively (anti-chavism is a unique policy), as shall anyone who believes they have a say in West Germanic affairs or opposes Germanic glory. Corporal punishment should be an acceptable sentence.
- Austerity. Money and resources should be set aside in case of crisis. The public should also be encouraged against debt and debt will be controlled, e.g. by the curbing of borrowing in order to repay debts, restrictions on gambling and the banning of so-called pay-day loans. Children should be educated to conserve.
- Regulation of corporations and the market. Corporations, as society's richest institutions, have a responsibility to society and to the environment, which should be required by law. Charity is preferred in some instances as a more effective method than social welfare provided by the government and this can be sustained by the wealthy. Free enterprise should be permitted, but also intervention where it is for the good of the State.
- Animal welfare. Animals are there to be used, but should be allowed excellent quality of life and rest. Only free-range products should be legal.
- Progressive taxation, with a higher emphasis on the rich. The middle class often gets the worst end of a deal and the party opposes the squeezing of middle-income earners, instead shifting the focus onto those who have plenty to spare. Wages of £50,000 (British currency) and under should be taxed lower than 30%. Assets, including land, should also be a factor in determining taxation.
- Tiered healthcare. Everyone should have access to healthcare regardless of money, but tiers should be used to enable the best possible care for everyone rather than a one-fits-all strained system. Health insurance will be subsidised according to income, but people should not be forced into selling assets they have earned to pay for healthcare. Premiums will also be capped according to income. There should be fines for health issues related to illegal activities.
- Strict controls on individual matters. All recreational drugs excluding caffeine and alcohol should be illegal. Drunkenness beyond an acceptable level should be illegal and rationing of alcohol practised. Drinking with meals should be encouraged from childhood and permitted from the age of 13 in restaurants and public houses where a parent or guardian is present. An age of consent of 18 (same as marriage age) should be enforced, with abstinence encouraged in schools and traditional family values instilled. A spiritual harmonious family starts with a man and a woman joined in one flesh, but same-sex unions should be allowed and left to the discretion of individual priests. Homosexuals are to be accepted as equals in society and discrimination prevented. Pornography should be outlawed. There should be a general ban on abortion, which should be judged on a case-by-case bases and allowed in extreme circumstances. Religion should be promoted and taught in schools. Religious views different from those of the state are acceptable as long as they are not excessively publicised and do not overly criticise the state religion. Scientology is illegal.
- Encouragement of self-reliance. Individual responsibility is an important value. The State should care for those who cannot work, those who want to work but cannot find it and those who are studying. People who refuse to work should not expect society's support.
|Available languages for this page: • [[::Shepherds of the Nation|English]]|