Order of Saint Walpurgis and the Second Monarchy
|Order of Saint Walpurgis and the Second Monarchy|
|Awarded by the monarch of the Archduchy of Mimas|
|Established||30 April 2021|
|Awarded for||Loyalty and friendship shown towards the Archduchy of Mimas and or the royal family.|
|Grand Master||Prince Christoph I Henry|
|Next (higher)||Order of Saturn|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Mast in the Woods|
Ribbon of the order
The Order of Saint Walpurgis and the Second Monarchy is a Mimasian order of knighthood established in 2021 by Archduke Christoph II. It recognizes loyalty and friendship shown towards Mimas and is often given to royalty or heads of state close to the Archduke. The present monarch, Archduke Christoph II is the sovereign of the order.
Admission remains at the discretion of the monarch. The honoured individuals may use the styles of the order and the post-nominal letters. The Order of Saint Walpurgis and the Second Monarchy is the second highest honour in the Archduchy of Mimas.
List of officers
The current officers of the Order of Saint Walpurgis and the Second Monarchy are:
- Sovereign: Archduke Christoph II
- Grand Master: Prince Christoph I Henry
- Chancellor: Princess Mathilde, Duchess of Floraison
- Registrar: Elin Frejj, 1st Countess of Duhn
In order to celebrate Mimas' sixth anniversary the Order of Saint Walpurgis and the Second Monarchy was founded on the 30th of April 2021. During the founding ceremony a bonfire was lit and the names and titles of the first knights were read out loud. Due to COVID-19 and the local restrictions of Sweden only 3 guests attended the ceremony.
The reigning monarch is at the apex of the Order of Saint Walpurgis and the Second Monarchy as its Sovereign, followed by the Grand Master. Below the Grand Master are two officers: the Chancellor and the Registrar. The styles of knighthood are not used by members of the royal family or peers of the uppermost ranks in Mimasian society, except for when a person's name is written in it's fullest form and would present all titles, styles and honours. The grades of the order:
|Commander Grand Cross (CGOWSM)|
|Commander 1st Class (COWSM1cl)|
- Commander Grand Cross (CGOWSM) - Carries the grand insignia on a sash over the right shoulder and with the breast star on the left side of the chest. One can also choose to carry the collar over the shoulders instead of the sash.
- Commander 1st Class (COWSM1cl) - Carries the grand insignia in a neck ribbon and the breast star on the left side of the chest.
- Commander (COWSM) - Carries the grand insignia in a neck ribbon.
- Knight (KOWSM) - Carries the small insignia in silver in a trifold ribbon on the left side of the chest.