Order of Our Lady of Good Counsel
|Order of Our Lady of Good Counsel|
Design of the award
|Awarded by the Kingdom of Coleraine|
|Eligibility||Catholic members of ruling houses, senior civil and military officials and other worthy figures appointed by the King of Coleraine.|
|Awarded for||Piety, and civil, and military merit|
|Established||1 November 2009|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Dragon|
The Order of Our Lady of Good Counsel (Irish: Ordú na hMhuire na hMaith Chomairle Latin: Ordo Mater Boni Consulii French: Ordre de Notre-Dame de Bon Avocat-Conseil) is the highest order of chivalry in the Kingdom of Coleraine. The Order was founded on All Saint's Day (1 November) 2009, by King Seán III. The order is divided into the following ranks:
- Grand Cross of Our Lady of Good Counsel (GCBC)
- Knight of Our Lady of Good Counsel (KBC)
- Companion of Our Lady of Good Counsel (CBC)
Traditionally, knights of the order can only be practising Roman Catholics, however those found worthy of the order for services to the crown who are not Catholic are granted admittance as a Companion, after having taken an oath that they shall convert by the end of the coming year.
Princes and Grand Masters of the Order
- Seán Amádeus of Coleraine (Seán III) (1992 - ), founder of the Order, King of Coleraine.
- Jean de Blois, 1st Grand Duke of Québec, RC Minister of the Foreign Office (1991 - ), for services to the Church.
- Ábraham na Naomh Raphael, 1st Duke of Noamh Raphael (1990 - ), for services to the Church and Crown.
- Jean-Alexandre de Gournai, 1st Count of Athborromeus (1989 - ), for services to the Crown.
- Cathal Mac Eachaidh, 1st Duke of Naomh Peadar, RC, KBC, GCDV, Minister of War (1993 - ), for services to the Crown.
- Edmund McClouskey, 1st Count of Rathliam RC, KBC, (1989 - ), for honourable actions following the Great Christmas Blizzard of 2009.
- Aonghus Mulchrone, 1st Baron Weston, RC, KBC, (1990 - ), for honourble actions following the Great Christmas Blizzard of 2009.
- Sir Bedwyr Thomas, RC, MP, KBC, (1992 - ), on his naming as Minister of the Arts.
- Lucius Kenley, RC, CBC, MP, Esq. (1991 - ), for services during the New European Civil War.
- Bryn Thomas, RC, CBC, MP, (1991 - ), for services during the New European Civil War.