Monarchy of Uskor
|High Queen of Uskor|
Arms of Uskor
|Formation||26 August 2017|
The Monarchy of the Commonwealth of Uskor is the Constitutional monarchy of Zealandia. The current monarch is Charlotte, High Queen of Uskor.
The monarch is elected by the Storþing for life.
The Uskorian monarchy is based upon a loose interpretation of constitutional ideals that stem from sources such as the Norse, the ancient Irish, Anglo-Saxons, the Westminster system and unique Uskorian constitutional and cultural elements.
Powers and duties
The High Queen is the Head of State of Uskor.
According to the Uskorian Constitution and Uskorian Law the High Queen enjoys the following prerogatives:
- Adopting laws, resolutions and other general acts, usually but not exclusively in consultation with National Assembly of Uskor.
- Deciding to amend the constitution in accordance with provisions for that found in this constitution.
- Announcing referenda in accordance with the law.
- Ratifying international treaties.
- Oversees foreign, defence and security policies.
- Decides in regard to general interest issues in accordance to the law.
- Representing Uskor internally and externally.
- Guaranteeing the constitutional functioning of the institutions set forth in this constitution
- Issues decrees in accordance with this constitution.
- Promulgates laws.
- Commander in Chief of Uskorian Defence Forces
- The right to appoint and dismiss the Uskorian Government
- The right to grant titles, awards and honours
- The right to declare a state of emergency
The Monarch has many more powers and duties both codified in the constitution and in law.
Personification of the State
See The Crown
The legal personality of a component of the Uskorian state is sometimes expressed by reference to the monarch.
In criminal prosecutions, the state as a party is ordinarily named as "The High Queen"—for instance, "The High Queen v Smith". However, the prosecutors themselves are referred to as representing "the Crown". In the same sense, all state lands are called Crown land, state-owned buildings and equipment are called Crown-held property, and the copyright for all government publications is called Crown copyright.
Actions against a government are often brought against the responsible officer ex officio—for example, "Smith v Minister for State Security" or, more specifically, "Jones v Commissioner of the Uskorian Watch".
List of Monarchs
|Image||Name||Born||Became Monarch||Ceased to be Monarch||Relation to previous Monarch||House|
|Charlotte||August 1991||26 August 2017||Incombent||Throne established||New Schellenberg|
According to the Uskorian Constitution the monarch is elected for life by the Great Assembly, however should the monarch either abdicate, be permanently unable to carry out their duties or dies in office, the Lord High Keeper of Fire shall exercise the powers of the monarch, until such time as Great Assembly can be convened.
When a session of the Great Assembly is called to elect a monarch, any citizen may nominate themselves or others and be elected by a vote of hands or by dividing in front of the Lord High Keeper of Fire into groups either approving on the candidate or rejecting the candidate. Once a suitable candidate has been elected, a new Lord High Keeper of Fire may be appointed or the incumbent confirmed.
Title and Styles
|Royal styles of|
Charlotte, High Queen of Uskor
|Reference style||Her Majesty|
|Spoken style||Your Majesty|
The full title and style of the current High Queen is:
- Her Majesty Charlotte, High Queen of Uskor, Grand Duchess of Denton, Queen of Pentacles, High Priestess of Uskor, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Culture, Minister for State Security, and Minister for Women.
The Royal Standard of Uskor is the flag used by the Monarch in their capacity as High Queen of Uskor. It is only permitted to be flown from buildings in which the Monarch is in, displayed in at royal functions and offices, and flown on vehicles, aircraft and vessels in which the monarch is traveling.
Main Article • Flag • Coat of Arms • Holds • Awards and decorations • Uskorian Crown • LGBT rights in Uskor
Government • Prime Minister (List) • Monarchy • Lagting • Ministry for Internal Affairs • Ministry of Foreign Affairs • Ministry for Civil Defence • Ministry for Defence
Law Enforcement, Defence, and Civil Defence
Royal Guard • Fire Guard • Home Guard • Coast Guard • Civil Defence Corps